Gidday!

SuperSteve

Hi all,

Have browsed the forum a lot in the past, thought it was about time I joined the conversation.

So currently I don't have a 4x4, but hoping to change that soon.
Used to own an old 2 door Pathfinder, and kinda wish I still had it!

I moved to the outback a few years ago, and there's only so many places I can visit with my Falcon.

At this point I'm leaning towards a Prado or Pajero, but that doesn't mean much. I was looking for a 4 cylinder manual hatchback when I bought my auto Falcon.

SuperSteve

mate id say prado as u know its sturdy and will never brake how much are u willing to spend

My partner is planning to sell her little Audi so we can buy a 4wd, so i'd say maybe 15k. I've been putting some money away for it, but medical things have cropped up and wiped that out.

I like the idea at least of the dual tanks on the Prado, but i've not heard anything bad about Pajeros from people I know who own them, and of course, they don't have the Toyota tax, so you can get newer with lower kms for same money.

But i'll need to have a few drives first.

itlldoo

G/day mate ! welcome to 4x4Earth.

ps: with the Falcon, lift it a little, put oversize AT tires on it, weld the rear diff and throw a snorkel on her it will go most places

SuperSteve

G/day mate ! welcome to 4x4Earth.

ps: with the Falcon, lift it a little, put oversize AT tires on it, weld the rear diff and throw a snorkel on her it will go most places
Yeah I've considered the mad max treatment. Don't even need 4wd most places, just clearance. I thought sticking my g6e body on rtv running gear would be the go. :D