Getting the Challenger ready for the tracks.

4x4 Earth Black Friday Sale

discomatt

any caravan repair / service business will have scales or take it to a weighing station, weigh the car, then the trailer, then both and it can all be worked out
It may scare you a bit, my D4 and van all loaded and full of fuel is over 5.5 ton :eek:

Aza013

Nice trailer, I am sure you will have some great holidays with it.
What is the ball weight when loaded? It was ball weight that put me off a lot of the latest design camper trailers
The trailer is the classic fold the little sister to the dominator, so not a lot of storage in front of axel keeping the ball weight low.
Ball weight was about 160-170kg can’t recall 100%
its 130kg unloaded. Fill the water tank at the back 100L less weight on ball then add gas bottle and food Front section.
I will do a weight check again when I load it up next to be 100%.

Last edited:

Aza013

Well the new suspension is in. Lifted vehicle total hight by 90mm.
so the old suspension had dropped 50mm, lift kit was a 40mm lift.
I can’t upload pics as it’s saying file is to big, might be the new update restrictions/settings.

Triton14

Well the new suspension is in. Lifted vehicle total hight by 90mm.
so the old suspension had dropped 50mm, lift kit was a 40mm lift.
I can’t upload pics as it’s saying file is to big, might be the new update restrictions/settings.
So essentially it's just a 40mm lift over standard height then.
While did you go to & what was the package you got in the end, springs, shock, could etc??

Aza013

So essentially it's just a 40mm lift over standard height then.
While did you go to & what was the package you got in the end, springs, shock, could etc??
Yes 100% correct.
I ended up with the Dodinsons 40mm lift with a constant 250kg spring set. Ironman was what I was going for in the beginning, but after 3 weeks they got back to us saying they did not have all the front end components.

Aza013

Well the next step has been done.
xrox bullbar has been put on, I still need to trim a little more off the factory bumper to give that little bit more flex room.
I will be adding a 9500lb Carbon winch tomorrow.
also replaced the old oricom uhf with a GME xrs-370 big change for the better.

Hummm still can’t add pics :(

Aza013

70F44A0B-4D1B-4D1B-BB61-899874523FA1.jpeg
got a pic small enough to upload :D
There was no room to fit the controller box in with the winch so it had to go on top of bar. So adding spot lights are now out.

Last edited: