Gembrook/Bunyip

YBHVE4

hi,

anyone gone to gembrook/bunyip recently (after the heavy rain)

any suggested tracks that a medium in difficulty and any places with water and mud?

cheers

micksgq

yes been to gembrooke gentle anne track has got some good bog holes but check depth 1st as some pretty deep couple of hairy spots maybe a little more difficult than medium or you colud take andersons track lots of fun but not as hard hope this helps out mate i'm always up for going up there to so give us a yell anytime bud

jack48

According to a DSE worker Gentle Annie has been dozed and repaired but after last weekends rain and some traffic on it , it has ruts again LOL

c_lewien

I was on Gentle Annie about a month back and I can confirm they graded and removed the rocks etc. The only real challenge is the top section now and the 2 or 3 bog holes all next to each other.

My guess is Jack is correct and the track will be back to normal again ;)

micksgq

yeah its been graded and your right its the top part and those 3 bog holes next to each other are pretty deep but all good fun i'd say all round difficulty is medium good fun track

The Brick

Was up there today
been graded but a lot of soft mud on top
wheels spin then grabs traction.
no need for lockers or even a lift
easy to medium. but still alot of fun

PiJiL

Sorry i missed ya mate, i got pulled over and defected for no mudflaps and a steering wheel that didnt have a padded centre.

i went home and refitted everything, filled up with fuel from emerald and i would.nt accelerate on petrol.

Went home and changed the fuel filter, cleaned out the carby bowl and added a litre of metho to the tank. It drived better but needs a proper clean out.

So just as I got into bunyip, i think i saw you driving out behind another 4wd.

i waved but you musta thunk I was saying hi lol

PiJiL

a0f11181.jpg

Yep, might see you another time then, I dont have mudflaps either, a few police bikes around main street. Went in via Black snake road, andersons is closed, then went to western track and made it to top of gentle annie, has been graded but still very muddy in a few spots. Some rocks moved and no bogholes.

Cheers David.

micksgq

hey pijil i got done for the exact same thing mud flaps and padded centre damn it i got a canary out of it did you? i bought a saas wheel that comes with padded hub nice wheel to and legal but i'm sure they'll just find something else now lol..

micksgq

canary is unroadworthy sticker they put on defective so you have to fix what they want then go to vic roads and get it removed lucky u didnt get 1 of them