G'day......

Roachie

Just thought I'd join up to this forum....have been a member of another forum for many years but the mods are getting a bit too precious, so I'm moving to a more congenial site.... ;)

Anyway, some of you might already know of me (your bad luck I'm afraid ..... hahaha). But for those who don't, my background is that I learnt to drive a double differ up in the highlands of PNG whilst posted there with NAB back in the late 80's. After returning to Aust in 1990 I bought my own 4x4 (a 1990 Maverick, petrol). Soon realised that diesel was the better option, so in 1995 I bought a 1993 RX Patrol 4.2 diesel and added a Safari turbo. Replaced that in 2000 with a new 4.2TD GU Patrol. In 2006 I found my current rig on ebay and bought it sight-unseen.

This current rig is a 2000 GU also. However, the original owner of this one (a WA resident) obviously had bigger plans for the beast and drove it off the show room floor, straight to Brunswick Diesel for a heart transplant. The Chev 6.5 V8 diesel donk was plonked in and has been there ever since; now having done over 250,000klm.

The original owner also spent a lot of cash to get the wagon converted to a dual cab and added a steel canopy with side-lifting gull-wing doors. This measures 1200mm long x 1900mm wide and about 900mm high.

I've done quite a few other mods to it since purchasing, including a 4" suspension lift with associated adjustable panhards, drag link and caster plates etc.

Lighting is achieved with 35w HID hi/lo inserts aided by 4 Lightforce 170s that have been professionally converted to 50w HID. All other lights (parker, indicator, tail/brake etc) have been converted to LED. However, I still have 4 "work lights" that are the basic old 55w halogen type.....these will be converted in due course.

There is a heap of other b/s I could write about the rig's set-up, but I would only bore the be-jeezus out of you, so I won't bang-on any more.

Cheers
Roachie

deepop

4x4 Earth Contributer
G'day Roachie,

I believe we might have posted a bit back and forth on a forum based around your model of car. I bought a 100 series in the end and am enjoying every minute of it.

This is a great forum with knowledgable people who aren't too precious - I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

mianme

Welcome Roachie,

So you've jumped camp too!! Did you end up getting your led lights for your Ulti or are they still on order?? Peter helped me out with some spare glass rods late last year, went up and had a good chat, nice guy and a wealth of info too.

Mick

Roachie

Welcome Roachie,

So you've jumped camp too!! Did you end up getting your led lights for your Ulti or are they still on order?? Peter helped me out with some spare glass rods late last year, went up and had a good chat, nice guy and a wealth of info too.

Mick

G'day Mick,
My 84mm LEDs are on order as of a couple of weeks ago; so maybe 6 to 8 weeks time I might have them.
Cheers
Roachie

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
Welcome to the forum Roachie, i think you'll find us a little better to get on with. Hey, not being a Nissan fan I would however like to see some pics of your rig.... Feel free to post away:)

goldrush

G'day mate. You won't get any over moderation here. The mods on here are the best people I have ever met in my life. They are all very knowledgable, great drivers, good looking, down to earth etc etc. I could go on for hours about how fantastic they are but I won't bore you any more.:D:D:D;););):p:p:p

Welcome aboard.

4X4

Welcome to the forum Roachie. There are a few Chev 6.5 V8 Diesels here, so you will feel at home!

BILLBY

maybe we can apease your appetite for the medicore

welcome sounds like a top ride, and we arent that precious round here
:cool:

Roachie

Thanks to everybody who has made me feel so welcome here.

I will now have another go at updating the other section of the forum where we can bang-on a bit about our rigs.... I spent half an hour typing up a whole pile of crap this arvo, and then it told me I wasn't logged on; so I lost it all! Damn!! haha

Thanks again.

Roachie

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
Ummm, yep what they all said, G'day.

Nice bus!! I think thats 4 of us now. 1 more and I'me off!!

Getting as common as wittle 3 lt Golden Patwols n white Pwados!!