Gday gday!

forby_newbie

hey gang!

Well, im about to pick up my 1st proper 4x4 on monday, a '99 mitsubishi challenger 3lt auto.

Im very "green" when it comes to the 4x4 scene, but did a lot of research and read comments about the challengers from members here and found them to be the best value for my money so monday i pick up the new beast and cant wait!

Not looking to do to much hardcore offroad, mainly beach and some bush tracks to go camping and weekends away with 90% of my driving will be the daily work commute which is highway driving (M1 motorway)

I also been told they are a pretty good tow vehicle which was another selling point as i have my other baby, an XA falcon with a 466ci big block which is nearing completion but still need to put it on a trailer to get work done so im pleased the challenger is a good all rounder that suits my needs.

Anyway, back to the big girl
as mentioned its a 99 model, auto with all the normal features & 1 owner.
has done no offroad work and no towing (i need to get a towbar)
118000km on the clock with full service history and reciepts, (also has had all the solanoids replaced for the 4x4 system)
standard alloys
even has standard tape deck (thats gotta go! lol)
had an RACQ inspection done and everything checked out fine.

Naturally, being a revhead i been looking at things id like to do to it like:
OME suspension + lift
rear door spare wheel carrier
snorkel
bullbar or nudgebar
spotties
UHF
Compressor

Im not sure what else to put in this thread but here are a couple of pics i took the day we test drove it, sorry bout the quality, dodgy iphone camera... will post them up when my post count grows

cheers!

forby_newbie

thanks for the welcome guys!!!

i picked up the challenger yesterday! couldnt wipe the smile off my face :-D

really excited to start getting out there and getting away... my girlfriend is just as excited if not more lol! Taking if for a good run upto beerwah this weekend, me and a mate going to a swap meet so will give it a good long run and will find a few little things no doubt that the challenger needs.

plans are to spend a wee little bit of cash... but i still got the other car i really gotta get finished tho so its gunna be a juggle! Have found a couple of things already with the challenger tho.
The electric aerial doesnt work properly
Needs a wheel alignment

so far thats it!

Bring on a weekend away in a couple of weeks.... but where to go???

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
Nothing wrong with the Challenger... A few on the forum already. Welcome to the site.