Change background image

G'day from sunny QLD

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Coxy91, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Coxy91

Coxy91 New Member

Hi all,

I have a 2014 D40 that I purcahsed brand new. I am looking to do beach trip around Bribie and some easy tracks around. Everything is stock I have never been off road and I am about to get some A/Ts soon.

Because I purchased an extra 3 years warranty I am very hesitant to do any mods to the Nav and Nissan turning around and voiding the warranty. What are some good mods that I can do that wont effect the warranty and give Nissan any excuse to void it?

Cheers,
    Adam

Attached Files:

2. Airstrike

Airstrike Active Member

Welcome man!
    not 100% sure about mods, I reckon you can install a bash plate with voiding warranty.
    You don't need much mods yet, get out and do some 4WDing first before you do mods on your car to experience what you need

Coxy91 likes this.
  3. JaxJeep

JaxJeep New Member

Hello from Noosa :)
    Awesome forum, I’ve just joined too
    My other half has a D40

Coxy91 likes this.
  4. Welcome to the forum. Don't worry too much about drastic mods to get out and enjoy the region. Tyres are a good start as well as a tyre pressure gauge and maybe a cheap 12v compressor. If you want to do Bribie it's handy to drop pressures as the beach entry can get a bit soft and chopped up. I used to drop mine down to 15psi for Bribie to avoid getting stuck. Remember 5 minutes airing down your tyres is always a better use of time than digging yourself out or hoping someone else will pull you out.

Coxy91 likes this.
  5. 2002GU3

2002GU3 Well-Known Member

welcome to earth Adam

Coxy91 likes this.
  6. Jaye

Jaye Well-Known Member

Welcome Adam, good to see some more Queenslanders joining the forum. We are a bit skinny on it up here.

Coxy91 likes this.
  7. CaptainBanana

CaptainBanana Active Member

Safe mods are tyres, compressor but why buy cheap when a good one can be had for $200-300?, recovery gear even a basic kit including rated shackles, rated recovery points, rear recovery pintle hook, treds/maxtrax, shovel and get out there.

And welcome!

Coxy91 likes this.
  8. BlueCollie

BlueCollie Well-Known Member

I do bribie a fair bit and all I've got is one size bigger AT tyres (245/75 16) which I only ever put down to 20psi and I have had zero issues, even driving high tide.

As others said- snatch strap, shovel, tyre guage (and permits) and you'll do fine. The servo is not too far from the beach so you can do without the air compressor for a bit.

Coxy91 likes this.