G'day from Lake Macquarie

G'day All.
Thought I'd introduce myself. Dave's the name, and I'm just starting out 4WDing. I drive a100 series diesel cruiser, with a 2" lift and Cooper AT's. About the only off road driving I've done was about 10 years ago on Stockton beach, so I'm real newbie. Hope to learn a lot by doing a few easy trips, and increasing the difficulty level progressively as I gain experience. That seems to have worked out ok for most things I've learnt in life so far, and I ain't no spring chicken. I'm pretty sure I'll pick up a lot of great ideas and tips from these forums as well. I did my first easy trip with a mate as passenger a few days ago up to Mt Allyn lookout. Had a great day and did a bit of exploring a side track to test the waters. I've written a short description about the trip and made a Google map showing the track, so I hope that may help some other newbies as well. I'll up load that as soon as I can work out how.
Cheers and beers.
Dave.

hey Dave

im also brand new. this is my first post here actually lol. im in Adamstown

i went out for my first ever time on the weekend to Freeman's Waterhole - it was great fun. you should check it out.

hey Dave

im also brand new. this is my first post here actually lol. im in Adamstown

i went out for my first ever time on the weekend to Freeman's Waterhole - it was great fun. you should check it out.
Thanks. How were the tracks? I've heard they can get pretty rough out there.

yeah given it was my first time it was probably a tad more full on than i was expecting lol. but it was doable and not too dodgy. i think as long as you know your limits and dont do anything silly, its all good.

im thinking ill check out sugarloaf next

yeah given it was my first time it was probably a tad more full on than i was expecting lol. but it was doable and not too dodgy. i think as long as you know your limits and dont do anything silly, its all good.

im thinking ill check out sugarloaf next
Good stuff. Taking it slow till I get some more experience.

yeah good idea. where are you thinking of going? ive been doing some research and sugarloaf sounds decent

im also googling 4wd training courses nearby too. i reckon thats a good way to get some skills up front

Not sure yet, but was thinking of going from Allyn river to Moonan flat next trip, but map shows a locked gate, so have to make some enquires.

Not a day trip. Would be going with same mate as last time, and we were both keen to camp out for a night or two. Ultimately would like to do Allyn river to Moonan Flats, then up to Nundle. Then next day across to Bretti for a night via some bush roads/ tracks, then home.

2002GU3

G'day Dave welcome to earth mate, there are quite a few earth guys around Newcastle and surrounding areas, if you keep an eye on the trip section, there's always someone going for a trip, and you'll be welcome to go with them and gain some experience, or you could always post up your own trip and see if anyone wants to go along with you, you'll find most of ( if not all ) the earth members would be glad to have you along and it's a great way to learn and should anything go wrong there's someone with you to sort it out...............Jim.