Change background image

G'day from Diamond Creek, Vic

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by PajRX, Nov 6, 2018.

1. PajRX

PajRX New Member

Hi folks. New to 4WD'ing, having just replaced my new Mazda 3 with a 2010 Pajero RX (completely stock).
    Looking forward to gaining gear, experience and memories in my new car, and hopefully my kids will learn to enjoy and appreciate the beauty of our wonderful country.
    Look forward to reading all I can here and possibly getting out for a few trips with some of you one day.

CruisingSned likes this.
  2. callmejoe

callmejoe Well-Known Member

Welcome in.
    Be the best move for the kids.
    If they dont believe you its just more of accuse to go out agian and again to prove it.
    Plenty of info in here to get you started.

3. Tink

Tink Well-Known Member

Welcome to Earth. Congrats on the new Paj. Very competent vehicle offroad in stock form. Enjoy.
    Tink

4. Aaron Schubert

Aaron Schubert Moderator

Welcome to the forum mate!

Aaron

5. Ditch

Ditch Active Member

Welcome to the forum.

6. 2002GU3

2002GU3 Well-Known Member

welcome to earth mate

7. 80lover96gxl

80lover96gxl Moderator

Gday and welcome.

8. rogerazz

rogerazz 4x4 Earth Contributer

G'day mate and welcome.
    Dymo, just up from Monty and next to Hursty. Got a few kids and grandkids up at Hursty. When weather settles down, do some easy drives up Toolangi, do the old Murndindi Rd. Check out the camping sites, etc. and enjoy. If you go harder then take someone with you. In the meantime keep an eye out on here for things to do.
    Cheers.

9. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

Welcome Aboard mate

10. PajRX

PajRX New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
    Rogerazz, thanks for the tips. I remember camping at Murrindindi in my younger days. We used to load the mountain bikes up, ride out there and camp for a couple of nights. Good memories! Will definitely check the area out. From the brief bit of reading I've done, I'll try and hit up a few easy tracks/roads around Mt. DIssapointment, Kinglake, Murrindindi. I'm on highway tyres at the moment so I wont be trying anything difficult (or wet) for now. I think the kids (and myself) will just enjoy being on a dirt road in the bush.
    Cheers.

rogerazz likes this.
  11. rogerazz

rogerazz 4x4 Earth Contributer

While you are out at Mt Dissa, stop in for lunch at the Magpie and Stump pub, in Wandong. Great meals and very family friendly.:)

12. CruisingSned

CruisingSned Active Member

It's an amazing thing to do for your kids. Learn a lot and get time together you normally wouldn't. Letting my 9 year old daughter build and light a camp fire for the first time was brilliant.
    Drive the wheels off the paj and enjoy!

13. PajRX

PajRX New Member

Sounds good, will be sure to drop in for bite.

CruisingSned, I don't know how to quote multiple posts, but that's great, hoping my kids will enjoy it like your daughter. Thanks for the welcome.