Gazetted road maps for the Flinders area

Nice to meet you all. Great site and knowledge base.

My wife and I are heading to the Flinders Ranges, and this trip we need to rent a 4WD (booking done). Rental company lets one drive on 'gazetted roads' be they seal or dirt. Question; trying to find gazetted roads referenced on-line seems to be ...problematic:). Hema on-line maps seem to be taking quite negative reviews of late, would anyone have any suggestions about how to get detailed maps showing 'gazetted' roads/tracks.

Much appreciated.

discomatt

Just get a Hema paper map, they are the best for SA touring. All roads on a map are gazetted its only private property tracks that could be a issue in a rental

mikehzz

The only non gazetted tracks that I know of are the ones on the stations that you have to pay money to use. Examples like Skytrek and Arkapena Scenic Drive, or the tracks on Bendleby. These tracks are maintained by the property owners and are private. Most of the roads are pretty easy to determine as public roads.

The only non gazetted tracks that I know of are the ones on the stations that you have to pay money to use. Examples like Skytrek and Arkapena Scenic Drive, or the tracks on Bendleby. These tracks are maintained by the property owners and are private. Most of the roads are pretty easy to determine as public roads.
Thanks Mike.