Gas Guzzler

Patrol Junkies

Hello I have a problem my 4.2ltr petrol\gas drinks like a happy drunk at a pub e.g 90ltr gas I get about 300ks to a tank and 70ltr fuel lucky to get 220ks, also pulls alot harder on gas than fuel and has been serviced reg. My vehicle mods are 2" lift 2"body set 35 muddys roof rack and a winch and bull bar also the clock reads 277000, also has std diff ratio. do you think changing my diff ratio help and if it will what ratio and price. Any ideas and tips would be appricated. Thanks

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
If you change your diff ratios, it'll be worse more than likely. (you would'nt change them higher!) When was is tuned or pluged in last???

kruzaman

My thoughts are you are paying the price for running 35inch tyres, try running standard tyres for a couple of tanks and see if it changes.
Kruzaman

Patrol Junkies

Ok thanks to all replys keep them coming some helpful things to think about but i wont go buy a cruiser LOL. The service was done nearly 7000ks ago so it's up for one the plugs were change middle of the year and the carby was rebuilt last year and fixed again few months ago some dirt got down the carb and clogged the jets. I'm thinking of putting a V8 in it a holden 5ltr out of a VQ statsman some ideas on that would be helpful to thanks.

croozza

Ok thanks to all replys keep them coming some helpful things to think about but i wont go buy a cruiser LOL. The service was done nearly 7000ks ago so it's up for one the plugs were change middle of the year and the carby was rebuilt last year and fixed again few months ago some dirt got down the carb and clogged the jets. I'm thinking of putting a V8 in it a holden 5ltr out of a VQ statsman some ideas on that would be helpful to thanks.

Get the carby serviced, if you go for the V8 then make sure you get the full wiring harness with it.

Chard

4x4 Earth Contributer
I run 35 muddies on my 100 4.5lt and my figures are close to yours but a drag a tonne in tradesman trailer around every day too. 24lts/100kms on petrol and 32lts/100kms on gas injection. Cant tell the difference in power or torque. Dyno says one day LPG 5 Kw more the next day petrol 3 Kw more. A bigger diff I think would help as it would bring the speedo back closer to factory and optimum efficiency.