Change background image

Fridge cable dramas

Discussion in 'General 4x4 Discussion' started by Superdad, Dec 8, 2018 at 7:57 AM.

1. Superdad

Superdad Well-Known Member

hi all. Looking for solutions to a problem.

I have a fridge on a slide and the fridge lecky cables keep getting caught at the back of the slide rail. When I then pull the fridge out, the cable catches and gets cut up and ripped.

See snaps

Any suggested ways to hold the cable up out of the way?

Attached Files:

2. hodgo

hodgo Member

I would try and find a way of raising the anderson plug
    perhaps some stick on velcro on the back of the plug and on the inside wall below the window
    that way it will always clear the rail

3. Blue_haired_man

Blue_haired_man Well-Known Member

I used to run mine over the handle which kept it clear. Different fridge though, so don’t know if the cable is long enough.

Another option which may work, bend the end (last 10-15mm of a cable tie into a square u shape, and feed that carefully through two of the slots in the vent and tie the cable off that.

Id steer clear of the stick on cable mounts, they don’t last long, especially in hot environments.
    Cheers

Superdad likes this.
  4. Superdad

You sir are a champion...

5. Superdad

Not sure either will work. It’s a drop slide so tying to the vents means longer cable as the vent comes out, then down and away. Need much more cable.

Same issue for moving plug to back of cargo barrier. Need more cable.

I guess I can do this but due to voltage drop, I’d rather a solution with current cable lengths.

Anyone else?

6. madmonk

madmonk Member

boobook, Superdad and dabbler like this.
  7. Wang

Wang Well-Known Member

4DFACE23-C3C1-4F86-A590-58E20DF26692.jpeg Mine is not a drop slide but the cable hangs on a little bungy cord. Never had it get snagged up yet

Superdad likes this.
  8. smitty_r51

smitty_r51 Well-Known Member

Mine is tucked down the side of the slide in some split tubing... Not had an issue yet

Superdad likes this.
  9. SPOD_Here

SPOD_Here Active Member

I use an ocky strap between the fridge and the back of the track and the cable is tied to the strap with cable ties. Been like that for 10+ years never had a snag since, easy as...

Superdad likes this.
  10. Albynsw

Albynsw Well-Known Member

I have mine hanging with a bit of bungee shock cord like you use on a Ute tarp
    It holds it up off the floor away from the slides and then stretches when I full out the fridge.

silkwood likes this.
  11. Superdad

Thx all. Sounds like the answer lies in occy straps and cable ties.

Who'd have guessed!!

12. Blue_haired_man

Blue_haired_man Well-Known Member

Only thing missing is duct tape

Superdad likes this.
  13. Petunia

Petunia Member

I first thought a spring out of Grannies old roller blinds, but then I read this idea was superceeded by bungee cord, damn 21st century ideas.
    if you are missing Duck Duct tape? I would like to add some Black Sikaflex it wont help your cable getting snagged, but it will get on your sleeve, then transfer to your pants and if you really lucky you can get some on your door trims as well. No job is complete until you have black sikaflex on every thing.

Welcome :D

silkwood and Superdad like this.
  14. Jackolux

Jackolux Active Member

Drifta or Clearview cable saver .

Superdad likes this.
  15. EffieC

EffieC Member

I have just ordered a metre length of this only cost $57:00 delivered from Victoria

Superdad and barnsey062 like this.
  16. barnsey062

barnsey062 Well-Known Member

Superdad likes this.
  17. Decca

Decca Member

I'd secure end of occy strap high on cargo barrier and use it to pull cable back when fridge is slid in.
    Make sure occy strap's other end is secured to the cable to ensure it cant move.
    If using the cable chain: hunt down some super flexxy cable if chain is operating with a tight radius.

18. coolumbla

coolumbla Well-Known Member

dito to the ocky strap