Free Crispmods/Munji EGR delete upgrade for 2017 onward vehicles

Triton14

Hi all, I have one of these in my Triton & its working brilliantly from what I can tel.
Anyway I gut this email from Munji which doesn't really apply to me but just thought I would pass it on in case any 2017 model Triton MQ/Challenger/Pajero owners that have bought a 4D56 delete.

I think this is great customer service in light of them knowing that the 4D56 wasn't quite doing the job for the newer models.

REPLACEMENT PROGRAM
EGR Delete Module - Mitsubishi 4D56 + 4M41 Engine 3.2L DPF Pajero

Munji 4x4 Accessories is happy to announce the development of the new CrispMods EGR Delete Module to suit the new 2017 build onwards, Pajero 3.2L DPF Euro5 Model.

As you may be aware, the current EGR Delete Module for the 4D56 + 4M41 did not accomplish a complete closure of the EGR system, with small readings of EGR flow still seen. Whilst no harm was caused to the engine by running the original EGR Delete Module, a 100% closure was not achieved and we were not satisfied with this.

To pass on our thanks to our customers for their support who own a Pajero 3.2L DPF 2017 + model, and who have previously purchased the original 4D56 + 4M41 EGR Delete Module from Munji, we are offering a free swap over of the modules.

Tink

The manufacturing vehicle’s engineers have spent considerable time, expertise and money developing an engine management system to ensure optimum engine performance under all conditions. The EMS relies on a number of sensors to monitor engine operation/performance and also monitor anything which may impact on the engine’s performance, like environmental conditions. Pretty impressive stuff.
Now along comes somebody who makes a $10 jumper lead with a 2 cent diode in it and tells you “all good mate, won’t effect your engine, whack it in, no probs mate, will shut your EGR down, that will be $110”. The cable tricks the EMS into thinking the outside temperature is less than two degrees at all times. What research have they done to prove this will not effect engine performance or engine longevity? What’s the extent of their engineering background? What is the extent of their financial resources to cover any warranty repairs?
Do you really think that the vehicle manufacturer has gone to all the trouble of incorporating an ambient air temperature sensor for absolutely no reason. Maybe they just have money to burn? Heck, vehicle manufacturers will delete a 2 cent bolt from the production line if it is not needed and it will save them money.
And don’t get me started on the environmental reasons why you shouldn’t disable the EGR. And I ain’t no greenie.
Tink

Triton14

Do you really think that the vehicle manufacturer has gone to all the trouble of incorporating an ambient air temperature sensor for absolutely no reason. Maybe they just have money to burn? \
Tink
Ok then maybe answer this.

If these guys are so concerned about the Earth & the end consumer then why do vehicles that have an EGR not have a filter like a catch can already installed??

Bl**dy $200 set up cost, even less from the factory but yet anyone that owns a Diesel has to try to 'find ways' to circumvent high service costs.

IF they made the thing properly with the consumer in mind then this thread wouldn't be happening!