Fraser Trip report

Ven

hey guys.

did a day run to fraser today.

was great day, beach had a few washouts etc due to recent rain and wild weather up this way, but all in all was a great day. the inland tracks are very easy driving and well maintained.
We got off the barge at kingfisher and headed to lake Mckenzie which was beautiful scenery.
we then headed over to eurong and onto the beach and drove for approx 50km's up the beach to the Maheno wreck (an old ship that was used in the world war in the 1930's), good easy driving up the beach with the exception of a few hairy bits due to recent storms, was lucky enough to spot couple of dingo's up the beach, my brother who had never seen a dingo before got all excited and made me stop the car so he could take a photo of it, when it started running towards the car he sh*t himself haha.

we then made our way through a few inland tracks, to central station and a few other lakes.

the only bad point, all the bloody tourists in rental 4x4's, there deadset dangerous, 12 pack into one troopy and have no idea what they are doing, they get bogged and you have to pull them out, coming home on the barge 1 had broken back windows (due to rolling) and another with a broken axle :eek:

but all in all a brilliant day.

here are some pics.

Attachments

• IMGP1872.JPG
    IMGP1872.JPG
    184 KB · Views: 125
  • IMGP1841.JPG
    IMGP1841.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 111
  • IMGP1836.JPG
    IMGP1836.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 113
  • IMGP1824.JPG
    IMGP1824.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 114
  • IMGP1852.JPG
    IMGP1852.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

Gunna

Fantastic report Ven great pics too! looks like the weather was absolutely perfect as well, I would love to get up that way one day and have a look around the area.

grit

The Maheno is looking a bit worse for wear over the years since my last visit.

Just remember when driving on Fraser to watch out for the 'coffee-rock'

Last edited:

BEK

4x4 Earth Contributer
Thanks Ven

We were up there last year, never saw a dingo though, kids were probably making too much noise

Just before those big storms where they had to get everyone camping off the island

centaur

I will be up that way for a holiday after christmas, will have to definitely try and do that run. Thats after all the theme parks for the kiddies, and the beaches for the boys :)...

I will want to see what the banana benders do for tracks, and maybe catch up with some forum members while I am out and about.....

Quozie

4x4 Earth Contributer
I will be up that way for a holiday after christmas, will have to definitely try and do that run. Thats after all the theme parks for the kiddies, and the beaches for the boys :)...

I will want to see what the banana benders do for tracks, and maybe catch up with some forum members while I am out and about.....

Our "DOG RUN" is of from December 27th to Jan 4th, I'll give more details soon. We are going around Wide Bay starting at Hervey Bay ending at Fraser (optional) on the 4th.
includes 2 nights at Manor 4wd park. Fees to be advised. first time done and it's to raise money for Seeing Eye Dogs Australia..

Let me know if you're interested

centaur

Drop me a PM when you're coming Centaur and I'll rally the troops to show you how we do it up here.

Thanks for that, I will. The handbrake is planning our trip, so chances are it could only be a day trip,:( but, that is better than nothing. We will be around the Ipswich area (Spelled right???). Not sure how far away from most of you that is, but, hopefully we can organise something. It will be great to put some faces to the posts...:D:D