fraser island

fishingmad1984

no worries thanks for that i might b goin over tommorrow so i will post pics up of wat the tracks look like and if there accessable

4wd26

Looks like the Ngkala rocks section is open.
Not sure what impact the high tides and Tsunami have had though.

The link below gets updated every 2 weeks. Payiing attention to this ATM due to a planned trip at the end of the month
derm.qld.gov.au/register/p01663aa.pdf

First post and not allowed to post links..... just copy into your browser.:rolleyes:

Cannot even trick the system- seems to put the link url boxes up automatically

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
The best information is by calling the Rangers on Fraser Island. Normally you cal the Rainbow Bay office and they will connect you or leave a message. The EPA site has good info on it. The trip to Sand cape , you would want to do it on the out going tide. The rocks will be the issue

fishingmad1984

fraser

we'll let us know mate catch up for a beer possibly or if u want some one to go up too sandy cape let me know cheers
Looks like the Ngkala rocks section is open.
Not sure what impact the high tides and Tsunami have had though.

The link below gets updated every 2 weeks. Payiing attention to this ATM due to a planned trip at the end of the month
derm.qld.gov.au/register/p01663aa.pdf

First post and not allowed to post links..... just copy into your browser.:rolleyes:

Cannot even trick the system- seems to put the link url boxes up automatically

fishingmad1984

went to fraser yesterday didnt go up that far , went for a fish in a lil spot on western side but i did speak to a guide who said there is another track that some one has made so he thinks he said n rocks would b difficult atm and if it was passible it wont be now after the wind and sea's : (

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
Last time I was up there the Ngala rocks were completely covered by sand. Made for a dream run up to the Cape. It does change from season to season and can never guess. Brian is right. Speak to the Rangers when you get your permits to go over.

Ln65er

a few years ago, we tried to go up to the cape but rangers stoped us and said the track was closed for a while. It might be seasonal not sure best ask the rangers you cant go anywhere you like on frazer, big fines as we found out

travntor

I was on Fraser a few months back and it was not possible to get past the rocks, but like a lot of people say, it can change quite quick.

TF2

A little off topic but about Fraser

Living up in Cairns there are not many beach areas you can drive on and I have allways wondered how you guys manage to drive on the beaches and not have your car rust out from under you. I'm guessing the sea is salty in the South. Surely the sand drivng must cause rust in most of your vehicles?:confused:

spottydog

Living up in Cairns there are not many beach areas you can drive on and I have allways wondered how you guys manage to drive on the beaches and not have your car rust out from under you. I'm guessing the sea is salty in the South. Surely the sand drivng must cause rust in most of your vehicles?:confused:

My vehicle just about lives on the beach.
I make sure I thoroughly wash it not only on top, but a good rinse underneath as well, after EACH and EVERY trip.
I also have an Electronic Rust Prevention System (ERPS) which I swear by.
Had one on my Land Cruiser for 5 years and the only rust I had when I sold it was the rust I had when I bought it. ie. very little.

Oh, and one more important thing, DON'T DRIVE THROUGH SALT WATER!!!!
Stay on the sand.

Last edited: