Fraser Island

4X4

Has anyone driven the beach run from Hook Point to Eurong lately? I was told a lot of sand had washed away after the Cyclones making it undriveable.

Pure Yobbo

It's closed mate. You have to take the inland goat track now.

I'm not sure if they have fixed the road since they closed that section of beach but last time I was there about 2 years ago the track was not real good.

Cheers

4X4

It's closed mate. You have to take the inland goat track now.

I'm not sure if they have fixed the road since they closed that section of beach but last time I was there about 2 years ago the track was not real good.

Cheers
Oh no! That goat track is a pain in the.... How far is it closed for?

Pure Yobbo

I think from what i have read to the end of the inland road then you can go up the beach again.

I can't remember the exact reason why but from what I last heard it was closed for good.

Maybe someone elese has been up recently.

Cheers

4X4

I think from what i have read to the end of the inland road then you can go up the beach again.

I can't remember the exact reason why but from what I last heard it was closed for good.

Maybe someone elese has been up recently.

Cheers
Now that you mention it it rings a bell. I once towed a camper trailer along that track, the worst part was it felt like the camper was pushing the car.

Quozie

4x4 Earth Contributer
They tried to closed down the beach at Hook but we locals jumped up & down screamed & hollowed until we got our own way. They kept it open until the fix the goat track (won't happen)

4X4

Hey Quozie, So you can still drive the beach from Hook point to Eurong or is it too eroded?

Quozie

4x4 Earth Contributer
Just to confirm, Hook point is open indefinately. They have put a 40km/h on the strip and are policing it. Check the facts here Four Wheel Drive Queensland (news & Events) I was over for Cleanup (Ozzie day weekend) and the beach was certainly chopped up near Eurong, but certainly drivable.

Quozie

4x4 Earth Contributer
I checked the FWDQLD site and there is no notice on closure. They usually keep us posted on these things.

cruiserlad

4x4 Earth Contributer
guys hook point is definately open was up there in april towed the trackabout around hook point they tried to close it but only lasted about 2/3 months everybody jumped up and down it reopened q7uick smart just make sure your close to low tide 2 hours either side you should be right and use the manta ray as they water the track to there barge every night and dont get all the buses oh and if you do manage to get bogged theyve got maxtrax to use for a small donation