Change background image

Ford Ranger PX 3.2 XLS 2014

Discussion in 'My 4WD' started by nananut, Dec 24, 2014.

1. nananut

nananut Well-Known Member

Ford Ranger PX 3.2 XLS 2014 (Manual)

Good Points
    6 speed manual
    Lots of choices for mods and accessories
    Factory rear locker
    Comfortable
    Surprisingly easy to park even with just using the side mirrors and I've never owned a ute before

Bad Points
    No headlight adjustment in the cabin
    No light for cruise control when on but only has light when set
    Feels like the gear stick is going to break when changing gears

What mods have you done?
    Smart charger turned off!
    Bosston integrated canopy with a few mods/accessories (dual tyre carriers, vent, ladder, higher 12v sockets in the canopy and a drawer)
    TJM side steps
    TJM bull bar
    TJM side rails
    TJM bash plates
    TJM snorkel
    Toyo AT LT 265/75R16
    Kaymar rear bar with towbar (didn't like the OEM towbar location and originally wanted the MCC rear bar which wasn't available for 6-7 weeks). Had to get the pins chopped off to fit the canopy unfortunately
    Bonnet protector
    Long ranger fuel tank 140L
    Dobinsons springs 2" with heavy duty springs and Dobinson shocks
    Tinting
    Locking fuel cap
    Alpine double din with Alpine reversing camera and Stinger fascia kit
    Rearview mirror with camera
    Rhino rack pioneer tradies rack
    IPF900XS spread/spot combo
    Opposite Lock 2.0m awning
    Icom IC450 and Benelec aerial
    Dual battery system with a 200AH battery
    Work lights
    Runva EWX9500 Winch
    Custom Installations custom drawers with MSA drop down fridge slide
    FBL light strips
    Mounted ARB twin air compressor behind the drawers
    DBA T3 slotted rotors with Bendix 4WD pads
    Battery monitor behind drawer
    Anderson plug for solar panels
    Custom aux fuel tank 40L
    Custom water tank 50L with a water pump, switch mounted behind drawer
    Solar regulator mounted behind drawer
    Fuse block and circuit breaker installed behind drawers
    2x double 12v sockets behind drawers
    GVM upgrade to 3500kg

What mods are on the list to do?
    Inverter

Why did you buy this vehicle?
    Upgrade from my X-trail and the salary packaged deal was too good to resist.
    I did a month of nightly research and it was down to the D-max and Ranger.
    Least mods/accessories to be done.
    Every mod and accessory has a reason to be on the car.
    Not going for the best looking ute but it's going to be the most practical ute.

How often do you go offroad?
    Most weekends

What will your next vehicle be?
    Don't know

More photos on Dropbox. They're not in chronological order.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  2. nananut

Photos

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Wang

Wang Well-Known Member

Looks nice you've definitely set it up well. I drove a ranger recently an really liked it even though it was only a mine spec.

4. underdog

underdog Well-Known Member

Looks the goods mate! Think we've both upgraded haha.

5. nananut

Thanks Wang and Ian.

Ian, lol. Todd started the trend first when he sold his exy for a Challenger. What are you getting as you getting as your next ride?

6. mac_man_luke

mac_man_luke Well-Known Member

nice canopy

7. GUnka

GUnka Well-Known Member

Getting canopy envy there mate ;)

mac_man_luke and Albynsw like this.
  8. underdog

underdog Well-Known Member

Already have it mate. Posted this just yesterday!
    http://www.4x4earth.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=33903

9. nananut

Got the CB on and got a new Opposite Lock awning 2.0m as the old Ironman was too long. Loved the Ironman one but unfortunately no stockist in town and I can't be bothered with online ordering or going to Perth for it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. jacnden

jacnden Well-Known Member

reggie
    you hear nothing but good things with the ranger , its something I am looking at.
    do you do much off road ?
    looks good
    dennis

11. nananut

Cheers Dennis. So far so good. I haven't had any problems with the Ranger. I try to go out every weekend for a run. Haven't had need to use low range yet. This Sunday will be the first time the Ranger will be in low range. The thing that I don't like is all the 12V sockets in the cabin and in the canopy are constantly on even when the engine is off. So have to be careful when plugging accessories in and have to remember to take them out when engine is not running to avoid flat batteries. I'm going to have a mate install a relay for the canopy sockets so they are on when the engine is on.

12. jacnden

jacnden Well-Known Member

let us know how it goes with a bit of low range stuff

13. nananut

Love it low range! Crawling down the hills was so slow, at some point almost came to a stand still.

This is the first time in low 1 going up a relatively easy hill. Diff lock not needed. I'm quite impressed since it's my first time in low range and in such a big car. A Patrol didn't make it up because of inexperienced and not confident driver.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  14. nananut

Oh yea, also got a relay put in for the 12V sockets in the canopy. A fuse block was also installed to supply power to future 12V sockets by the ArkPak via an Anderson plug. 2 work lights on the back connected to a 3 way switch. 10997332_10152537610291652_8110480878821283104_n.jpg 11017687_10152537920871652_8015395343419574270_n.jpg
    IMG_20150222_082929.jpg

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  15. nananut

Runva EWX9500 is on now!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  16. nananut

New drawer system
    IMG_20150730_184525.jpg

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    mac_man_luke likes this.
  17. nananut

Been a bit busy setting up for the trip to SA and finally just got home. All worked well. Just need a couple of tie down rails positioned carefully so can actually tie down the gear. So addition mods/accessories are:
    Upgraded the starter battery to a higher rating. Don't have pic.
    Air compressor mounted and fuse block relocated to the back of the drawer system where there is a lot of unused space
    IMG_20150822_115907.jpg IMG_20150822_120247.jpg IMG_20150822_120306.jpg
    Dual battery system with 200AH battery and RedArc isolator in the engine bay (no pic for the isolator)
    11995743_10152954362071652_5324018670386754598_n.jpg
    DBA T3 Slotted Rotors with Bendix 4WD pads. This combo worked well in the X-trail so have chosen them for my Beast
    12019815_10152964211896652_6423051285561245244_n.jpg

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  18. Jt76

Jt76 New Member

Nice ride,

Have a question re the stinger fascia kit. I have the same kit in my Ranger, but after it was fitted I tried setting the clock in the original smaller screen and it would not go into setup mode. Took it back and they couldn't get it to work either. Then during the week I fitted up electric brakes and when doing so I disconnected the battery and when I reconected the battery I tried going in to the set up mode for the top screen clock and it worked. It only worked once though. Have disconnected the battery 3 times since and each time it lets me set up the clock on the first attempt only, then it wont work again.

I wanted to ask if you have the same problem or if you can se the clock on the original smaller screen anytime by holding the mode button on the steering wheels continue ls on.

I guess its not a problem anymore as I know what to do if I do need to reset the time but it doesn't seem right to me.

19. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

Gee mate you've spent some bucks on it, it's looking good. I don't mind the TJM gear they make some great accessories.

20. GUnka

GUnka Well-Known Member

With that battery you should definitely run a dc-dc charger or atleast hook it up to a 240V smart charger regularly. Unless that is you're getting up around 14.4 Volts out of your alternator and as close as possible to that at the battery. Basic red-arc isolator not really the best for an AGM. I would imagine the battery wasn't cheap would be a shame to kill it so quickly.

Albynsw likes this.