Ford Ranger 2009 PK Stats and Idles fine but dies when accelerating or revving

Tonto

Hi All,

My Ranger was great and then few days ago I started losing power when I go up hill and when I accelerate it will just cut power.

This happened twice in 85kmns and then 8 hours later on my way back it did it every time I accelerate to above 2000rpm and it got worse and worse the closer to home. I changed the oil filter last night(it was very dirty) but now with the clean new filter(so i think it was not the filter fault). I can only start the car then it idles fine. When I press the pedal to rev it it goes up to around 25000rpm then loses power and if I keep the pedal in it dies, if I let go it just loses power and back to idle normally.

I'm thinking ti the fuel pump or fuel injection pump(if there is one) Or maybe airflow? I'm getting a Air filter later today. However It feels more like fuel ar ebening blocked somewhere.... any advice where to start and what to check please?

ALSO I can't find the Inertia Switch. It supposed to be on the passenger side but there is something that is supposed ot be it but with only a black little box where the red button should be. I bought it second hand so the previous owner may have bypassed it...dont know

I hope this makes sence please help?.

Colly18

Does it have excess black smoke out of the exhaust at the same time? Check the inter-cooler hose to the inlet manifold to see it isn't loose/come off.

Tonto

Does it have excess black smoke out of the exhaust at the same time? Check the inter-cooler hose to the inlet manifold to see it isn't loose/come off.
Hi Collie, thanks for the reply,

No smoke, it hasn't had smoke for while. It had smoke when I bought it. 2yrs ago I serviced it and ran on bio-diesel mix for a 2 weeks and no smoke since. I think after a whole day of troubleshooting something is blocking the fuel lines. Its either residue from the biodiesel or something that was cleaned out by the biodiesel that got stuck somewhere or blocking the pipes. I am back on normal diesel, only ran on bio for two weeks.

During today there was a stage where it was really bad I blew som compressed air which I think forced some diesel into the engine wwhich made a huge ball of smoke(WHITE) out the exhaust and after this the accaleration was normal and revved up toe 3500 with no issue.

BUT when I gone for test drive the whole powerloss thing cam back after about 500 meters.

Tonto

Do anyone know where the inertia sensor is? I've checked the passenger and driver side of my Ranger but cant find anything..with a red button

Colly18

Do you belong to the NRMA? If so I'd be calling their road service out to get you going/diagnose the issue.