Ford bronco

justaguy

Hi earthlings,

Just went to look at a vehicle with a mate after some mugs stole his 4.2 gq diesel patrol and stripped.... He is looking for a replacement and cash is tight but needs to tow...

First time I have ever really been in one.. Geez it's big inside and runs pretty good... But given the age in its 80's you expect it to need some TLC.. It was quite cool being inside such an iconic 4wd... Quite retro.....

What do people think of the good old bronco for a 4b..... Just curious

Tim

Last edited:

itlldoo

I thought that CHUCK NORRIS as the texas ranger drives one, and it was super charged !!!!!!! :D:D so they must be tuff

Jarh73

There will be virtually unlimited aftermarket options for you!

Not necessarily available in Australia though.

It's probably on gas already but touring distance will be a problem.

Depends on what you are doing though could be a good weekend 4x4.

Cheers

Justin

1 red gu

4x4 Earth Contributer
saw one in a comp once and it didn't do well, didn't even finish the first stage as it snapped the rear tail shaft and after fixing that it snapped a cv
depends on what your going to do with it i guess, i think they are a bit to wide for aus tracks but they would be a great tow or beach rig but heavy on the juices

Mate has one, love it but with big chrome mirrors and nice red/white paint and chrome mags is way to nice to go 4x4 driving in.

justaguy

Thanks all, he is looking at something a bit different, he toes mot bikes in a trailer for the 4wd, be all right doing easy /medium tracks but agrr probably not designed for much more than medium

Any used one off road 4wding

Tim

FSBronco

Hi earthlings,

Just went to look at a vehicle with a mate after some mugs stole his 4.2 gq diesel patrol and stripped.... He is looking for a replacement and cash is tight but needs to tow...

First time I have ever really been in one.. Geez it's big inside and runs pretty good... But given the age in its 80's you expect it to need some TLC.. It was quite cool being inside such an iconic 4wd... Quite retro.....

What do people think of the good old bronco for a 4b..... Just curious

Tim
I have a Ford Bronco and no complaints from this end. Spares are readily available mostly second hand locally, but heaps of new spares still from America, just check out ebay. Fit lockers to these machines and they are awesome. You just need to find one in good nick. Most Broncos were vulnerable to rust in the firewall so check that area out well.