Footy's Back 2018

dirvine

I reckon Buckley is the best thing that has happened to Collingwood in recent times.
Collingwood’s harshest critics have always been their own supporters.
Of course you think Buckley is the best thing. Play Collingwood in the finals and you know it will be a close thing but you WILL win!!!

greysrigging

I think the maximum capacity of the 'G' nowadays is 100,024.... so to even get close to a full house all of the MCG Members have to turn up... Any GF with either Collingwood or Richmond involved will be a sell out....

greysrigging

The Giants played their 'GF' last week to just get over the Pies... watching their celebrations after that win... hmmm danger signs I thought. They were always on a hiding to nothing today. The competitions best team of the second half of the season did what was expected. The Giants dug deep to even make it.... I think their Premiership window has closed now....

Last edited:

Bomber2012

Well done to the Tigers , GWS got a finals lesson today . I thought it may have been a bit closer but Richmond caned them . Go the mighty Tigers but look out for the Bombers next year . :D

greysrigging

The Tigers will rue the 2018 Prelim loss to Collingwood. They were clearly the beast team of 2018 except when it counted. And who would have given them a chance after Rance's injury in round 1 this year, then Riewoldt, Cotchin etc and at 7-6 win/loss after 13 rounds ?
Its easy to say shoulda- coulda, but 3 flags in a row wasn't beyond calculations. Sorta like Geelong in 2008. Just shows what a champion team the Hawks were and before that the Lions

Bomber2012

The Tigers will rue the 2018 Prelim loss to Collingwood. They were clearly the beast team of 2018 except when it counted. And who would have given them a chance after Rance's injury in round 1 this year, then Riewoldt, Cotchin etc and at 7-6 win/loss after 13 rounds ?
Its easy to say shoulda- coulda, but 3 flags in a row wasn't beyond calculations. Sorta like Geelong in 2008. Just shows what a champion team the Hawks were and before that the Lions
Comprehensive win , shame it was a thumping .

slivertoy

woooweeee, what a great win that was, i was there 7 rows from the front, on the wing, Fantastic atmosphere and it was freaking loud,
i thought that bringing in Pickett was going to be a mistake, happy to say i was wrong, that guys is going to be a great player for the Tige's.
DUSTY, what a star, but it was a team effort too,
i honestly thought that the Giants, would put up more of a fight, but we broke their back in the second quarter and continued to stick the knife in for the rest of the game.

Colly18

The Giants played their 'GF' last week to just get over the Pies... watching their celebrations after that win... hmmm danger signs I thought. They were always on a hiding to nothing today. The competitions best team of the second half of the season did what was expected. The Giants dug deep to even make it.... I think their Premiership window has closed now....
I tend to agree, but hope I'm wrong and the Giants are back in the mix in 2020. Maybe this was just a learning experience along the way to the top (?) The game reminded me too much of the Richmond win over Adelaide in 2017. Bad luck for the Giants. Great work by Richmond. It's just a pity it wasn't a close game from a spectator perspective.

dirvine

Sorry mate but that is a ridiculous comment , Buckley is not out there playing , players win finals not the coach .
True, but coaches select the players, drafts the players they think they need, devise the game plan, and clearly Buckley aint upto it with the crew of managers he has selected and they players they picked. Ok injuries can bugger the system, but all teams have those so you need to cover them as well. The 2nd string players of Collingwood are rubbish...look at where they finished in the VFL, so something is clearly wrong. He has had his chance its time to move on...just like Lyon at Freo. and the quicker the better. I'll bare whatever in Bourke St if Buckley is EVER a winning AFL Grand Final coach.