FJ60 Electronic ignition

Roger J

Hi All
Has anyone put an electronic dizzy into a 2f 60 engine?
I want to get rid of the points but i want a real electronic ignition not a false one. I bought a dizzy from an 80 series 3f engine but no one knows how to fit it into a 2f engine. By that I mean the wiring part of it. Anyone who has done this before, I would greatly appreciate your advice. I can't do it but will pass it onto an auto sparky to try to figure it out. The 80 series has a module that has some of the auto electricians confused.
Cheers

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
G'day. I have had an electronic ignition dizzy in my 3F Petrol/gas 75 series, for a few years now. What do you mean about a real or false system?
Here is the site for you to check out the ignition systems at RAE Melb. where I got mine,
http://rae.com.au/
It does list your vehicle for conversion however you may just want to talk to them. They are very helpful and at least give you an idea of what to do and where to go. let me know if you want more info on mine. I agree, many mechanics and auto elecs struggled with mine when the elec. rota got stuffed. However I replaced with a plain old rota I had lying about and no probs.

Last edited:

Roger J

Hey Azza
Just got onto the guys at RAE and they solved the problem in two minutes. I had a dizzy from an EFI engine which is a no go for the 2f. Thanks for your help
Cheers