Fitting a Provent 200 oil catch can

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Remember that won't protect you from the dreaded cracked EGR cooler the PKs are a little bit prone to which can do massive head damage.
If you've turned off EGR retic, then you can probably bypass the cooling part of it ?
I haven't researched that side of it, but was always going to try and isolate that from the cooling system as EGR is 'sorted'.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Excellent, I'll do so more reading up before I do anything, so I understand how this works.
My cooling system is in top shape, so hopefully not too much risk of it going on me before 120k.

Like Les cleaned the MAF sensors and the Ranger is pulling like a train, unfortunately the fuel consumption has gone up, towed the van to Brisbane and got around 15lts to the hundred usually get 12 to 13, but had to keep checking that the van was still attached.
Hottest day in 8 years in Brisbane and we are in a caravan, never mind off to Fraser Monday after a couple of days at Inskip Point, retired life you cant beat it.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Apparently the CPU relearns after the MAP / MAF cleaning / battery disconnect, so maybe it'll settle.
Maybe 'pulling like a train' is an indication of the fuel use, although suspect you know towing consumption before the clean and comparing apples with apples.

Got home after our trip and the Catch Can has a small amount of oil in the drain tube. so that has worked, saved the oil from going into the manifold, brilliant.

99pc chimpanzee

Hello,i have just been getting up to date with all this EGR and catch can stuff and all the contaminants going into our engines as a result of this system.Have received email this morning that the EGR blocking modules have been developed for PJ/Pk rangers and Bt50's however they arent released yet because of they are under the pump with the mitsubishi demand.You can get your name on an alert list to notify you of their release.

99pc chimpanzee

not sure Les.I am dealing with a bloke from SPV industries.

"We have developed a module for the PJ-PK Ranger/BT-50 with the duratorque CRD, however we have not released them due to very heavy demand on the Mitsubishi vehicles as we do all our own R&D, manufacturing and distribution of this product."

"I can add you to an alert list for when we release these for your model."

thats from the email he sent this morning,the mitsubishi ones sell for around 149.00 plus postage from a 4wd online seller.I am excited to have an electrical fix soon that from what i understand the ECU wont throw up fault codes.

Is there already one available for the ranger from the bloke you mentioned?
Thanks.

O.k just been to the chip tuning website and this gadget is different to a ecu remapping i beleive.have seen these remaps for sale from another mob on ebay for $999.00 or best offer that includes egr removal.

Last edited:

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Plenty on this forum re the Provent copies too.

chimp, I think chip tuning has a Mitsi one too, who knows maybe one of them make it the other sells it, or both source elsewhere for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: