First South Australian Meet & Greet - Sunday 30/8/09 at 3pm Mt.Lofty

Jacked Surf

South Australian Monthly "Meet and Greet"

First South Australian Meet & Greet

Hello All,
After receiving a bit of interest regarding a monthly meet and greet for South Australia Members to Introduce everyone to the faces that belong to our names.

Here is the time, place and date for the first South Australian Monthly Meet & Greet / Coffee.

Location = Mt.Lofty Cafe
Date =Sunday 30/8/09
Time = 3pm

Directions
Mt Lofty Summit is 15 kms from the city of Adelaide.
From the city, take Glen Osmond Road to the SouthEastern Freeway.
From Glenelg, take Cross Road to the SouthEastern Freeway.
Travel the Freeway and exit at Crafers, turn left at the roundabout and travel 3 kms up Summit Road and enter through the stone wall gates to the large tree-scaped carpark of the Mt Lofty Summit.

From the northern suburbs, take Greenhill Road to the top and turn right at the T-junction, travel past Cleland Wildlife Park on your right, to the next T-junction. That T-junction is the entrance (turn left) of the large tree-scaped carpark of the Mt Lofty Summit.
map.jpg

Bring Money for coffee, cakes whatever you feel like on the day. It is to meet and have a chat with coffee, cake or you may even have a main meal depending on your tastes.

Here is a sample of their menu

CAFE MENU - Sample Dishes
$13.50 Soup of the day with toasted turkish bread
$15.50 Trio of dips - hommus, taramasalata & tzatsiki with pide bread
$15.00 Pheasant Farm pate, green salad, plum paste & pide bread
$15.00 Greek salad - lettuce, fetta, cucumber, onion, tomato, olives & balsamic
$15.50 Tuna Salad - Tuna, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, mixed lettuce & vinaigrette
$9.50 Garden salad with balsamic dressing
$9.50 Steamed mixed vegetables
$17.50 Lamb Korma Curry with fragrant rice and raita
$17.50 Chicken fillet schnitzel with Neopolitan sauce & chips
$17.50 Penne pasta with roast pumpkin, roast zucchini, soft herbs,
spinach & parmesan
$17.50 Battered fish fillets with chips & tartare sauce
$15.50 Deep dish vegetable quiche, green salad and chips
$9.90 Toasted foccacias -
- Leg ham, matured cheese, tomato, baby spinach & mayonaise
- Smoked turkey, cranberry, cheese, tomato & baby spinach
- Roast pumpkin, roast zucchini, spinach & basil pesto
- Tuna, cheese, tomato baby spinach & creme fraiche
$7.50 Hot chips with tomato sauce
$9.50 Wedges with sour cream & sweet chilli sauce
$9.00 Freshly baked baguettes -
- Leg ham, cheese, tomato, lettuce & mild mustard mayonnaise
- Smoked turkey, cheese, tomato, lettuce & cranberry sauce
- Tuna, cheese, tomato & lettuce
- Roast pumpkin, roast zucchini, lettuce & basil pesto
$7.00 Ham & cheese croissant
$7.00 Scones (2) jam & cream

*Prices and menus subject to change & availability.

Last edited:

Silver_Bruiser

Wow that was a very quick poll :confused: and the results are in....... I guess
Would have been good but we are at Willangi that weekend.

Last edited:

Jacked Surf

Don't worry mate, will be plenty more.. This is just one of many more to come. Going with A few suggestions via pm's.. To have it every month and for members who cannot attend one month they can always make it to the next one.

So don't worry. Will definitely have more in the future so we can catch up again. I am sure Willangi will be awesome

And i have this crazy idea in my head of changing the location every month so we can see the country side while we are at it.

Last edited:

Silver_Bruiser

Sounds good maybe next time.
Mixing it up might make it fare to all..... you know perhaps 1 nth 1 sth 1 east 1 west and 1 anywhere ...... lunch time allows more of a chance to travel and another thought is somewhere with a playground for all the kids (no matter what age) to keep the m occupied.
Make sure you post some pics of the meet too.
Don't worry mate, will be plenty more.. This is just one of many more to come. Going with A few suggestions via pm's.. To have it every month and for members who cannot attend one month they can always make it to the next one.

So don't worry. Will definitely have more in the future so we can catch up again. I am sure Willangi will be awesome

And i have this crazy idea in my head of changing the location every month so we can see the country side while we are at it.

LowLux

Simon! I have to withdraw from this meet. We have club training that weekend at Morgan. Did you register to do the training? This is rock climbing and sand training...a must do. Still early enough to set another date for the first meet.
Poolman, are you interested in going to the training day?

Last edited:

Jacked Surf

I won't be going on the training at morgan mate, Don't know if my 4wd will be back from Toyota and repaired by then. If it needs a new engine thats a 4week wait from Japan...

So no training for me till i am 100% sure it is all ok.

I will be attending Mt.Lofty in my other car or by bike depending on the weather is dry.

Grumpy

Sounds like the S.A guys and Girls are getting it happening, congrats on the idea of meeting to organise stuff. CHEERS

Ekki Adventurers

4x4 Earth Contributer
Simon! I have to withdraw from this meet. We have club training that weekend at Morgan. Did you register to do the training? This is rock climbing and sand training...a must do. Still early enough to set another date for the first meet.
Poolman, are you interested in going to the training day?

Would be great if we could all be there - any reason why we can't adjust the date to fit in with all - after all we're not that many yet....... just a thought.:D

Jacked Surf

I had only picked the 30th of August down as i know i am able to make it to this meet.

I was thinking we could have the september one early to mid september to allow those who cant make it to an August meet due to commitments will be able to make the September one. If you do want me to change the date for the August one, give me a date and i will change it to suit.

If so, I will change it but am unable to attend the meet on any other weekend in August.
Please let me know and i will adjust the date in the first post accordingly.

Last edited:

Jacked Surf

i do doubt you could annoy us. . . its only an 8hr drive, a stones throw over the border. Just watch out for the federalies monitoring the border from mexico..

LowLux

I had only picked the 30th of August down as i know i am able to make it to this meet.

I was thinking we could have the september one early to mid september to allow those who cant make it to an August meet due to commitments will be able to make the September one. If you do want me to change the date for the August one, give me a date and i will change it to suit.

If so, I will change it but am unable to attend the meet on any other weekend in August.
Please let me know and i will adjust the date in the first post accordingly.
If the date could be changed to a weekend in Sept then more people would have more notice to book it in. Someone else said they couldn't make it this month due to being away as well. I think the first meet should include as many members as possible and a bit o time to book it in would be great. Only my thoughts though because I like the idea and want to see it become successful.

LowLux

Would be great if we could all be there - any reason why we can't adjust the date to fit in with all - after all we're not that many yet....... just a thought.:D
I agree Ekki Thump! As you said earlier, it could be combined meeting for those convoying as well.

Jacked Surf

Sounds good pick a time & date guys.

5/9/09 or 6/9/09
12/9/09 or 13/9/09
19/9/09 or 20/9/09
26/9/09 or 27/9/09

I will leave it up to a group decision..
Cancelling the date until a group decision on the date for the first meet is arranged...

Will edit the first post when i get back..
Enjoy your trips boys & girls.

And if you can all work out a good time to have the meeting would be good too.

Last edited: