Fire affected Huts along Donnelly creek track

Gunna

Victorian High Country Huts association have just posted what remains of some of the huts burnt in the recent fire in the Donnelly creek area its sad to see these in total ruin hope they see fit to rebuild them in the future

http://www.facebook.com/hutsvic

Pickle

Yep working on Store Point Hut, but not good finding campers in the area when the area is closed. Noel directing on un happy camper out of the area. But to top that one of our guys went and had a look at Jorgensons Hut that had burnt down. Some campers based there but rather large log and fire going un attended. Bikers....got the rego of the trailer and will be lagged in. Make no mistake of it, these guys are dickheads. Not only in an area where it is closed to camping but lighting and leaving fires without any one there.
Dave

Swaggie

Yep working on Store Point Hut, but not good finding campers in the area when the area is closed. Noel directing on un happy camper out of the area. But to top that one of our guys went and had a look at Jorgensons Hut that had burnt down. Some campers based there but rather large log and fire going un attended. Bikers....got the rego of the trailer and will be lagged in. Make no mistake of it, these guys are dickheads. Not only in an area where it is closed to camping but lighting and leaving fires without any one there.
Dave

Education i believe starts young..I went away with a mate a few years back,His sons birthday and he wanted a mate to come along camping,It was summertime so swimming etc etc was great..When dusk come along they wanted to start a fire,they were about 12 years old at the time..I said if you start it you look after it..Yeah yeah and i said if you want to go off looking for frogs etc you ask me or your dad too look after it,you never leave a fire unattended full-stop ..Yep no worries they said,well we started the fire and my mate must have gone for a wonder and within 5-10 minutes they were gone too and not to be seen..I grabbed the saucepan of water out of the river and came back and threw water over the fire putting it out straightaway...I wasn't asked to look after it either..They just left it unattended..When they came back 10 odd mins later they just stood there in shock,what happened to the fire they said..Well what deal did we make fellas..That we would look after it unless we asked someone else too,Did you do that,well no they said..Its not a game fellas everything is tinder dry out here at the moment and it will go up in smoke in no time at all especially with wind through the valleys..

So now they had to start a wet fire again..Ok i am not that cruel i threw them a fire lighter and helped out..lol