Finally a build date on troopy

Garry grewal

Hi All,

I have been given a build date on Troopy GXL sandy after 2 years. Dealer said it might arrive Jan/Feb 2024. Does Anyone have any experience how things move after the build date? I’m hesitant to ask the dealers these questions.

I’m in Melbourne.

TIA.

Garry grewal

Hesitate to ask after waiting for 2 yrs you want to get one hell of a discount or heaps of accessories I would have cancelled long ago.
The reason I don’t want to ask is they have limited knowledge. So communicating with them is not useful. They gave me 18 months max for delivery but it took 2 years to get the build date. Also few months ago dealer called to give a workmate troopy in sandy and also vanilla but for same $78k price but i had to refuse it so they haven’t been much help tbh. Cancelling was not an option as i have loved this vehicle since i came to Australia and wanted to pay right amount for a new one not that crazy price we see on used market and I can’t afford as my budget is tight since 2 years have passed. I tried every option to find a used one and but no luck. Time passed and hope kept me going so finally a build number now. Now i am so impatient to get my hands on the vehicle i love.

Albynsw

Hang in there if it is the vehicle you want. It all usually moves fairly fast once it hits port here and would expect you to take delivery about two weeks later. It will also depend on if you have ordered any aftermarket accessories to be fitted

discomatt

Hang in there if it is the vehicle you want. It all usually moves fairly fast once it hits port here and would expect you to take delivery about two weeks later. It will also depend on if you have ordered any aftermarket accessories to be fitted
Not recently, cars are sitting at a he holding yards for over a month at the moment due to a massive backlog in quarantine, there are literally 1000’s of brand new cars just parked up

boobook

The reason I don’t want to ask is they have limited knowledge. So communicating with them is not useful. They gave me 18 months max for delivery but it took 2 years to get the build date. Also few months ago dealer called to give a workmate troopy in sandy and also vanilla but for same $78k price but i had to refuse it so they haven’t been much help tbh. Cancelling was not an option as i have loved this vehicle since i came to Australia and wanted to pay right amount for a new one not that crazy price we see on used market and I can’t afford as my budget is tight since 2 years have passed. I tried every option to find a used one and but no luck. Time passed and hope kept me going so finally a build number now. Now i am so impatient to get my hands on the vehicle i love.
Once you have a build date you can get a code from your dealer and a website. It shows the progress and the ship it is booked on. You can track it from there. Some dealers can't be bothered doing the paperwork. Push as it is definitely available.