Falken muddy's

Muddybugga

HI thinking of mud grips next ,anyone using the falken muddies ...they look good ..?Ace tyres in Brisvagas have a special on them at the mo .

CaptainBanana

I don't have personal experience with these but they were in my top couple choices for my most recent set. Both their muds and all terrains seem to have a happy following with owners and were recommended by tyre shops which almost always push their own brands but not in this case. The only thing is I wouldn't call them at true mud they're more like an aggressive all terrain, if you plan to drive lots of slippery sloppy mud and Clay there are other options.

Muddybugga

Thanks Captain ,it sounds like my cup of tea ,I am mainly on the road ..if you can call them that ,but when i go off ,its pretty mad ,been side ways plenty times with the BF all terrain ,like full 4 wheel sliding down a hill stuff with a 8 metre gap .smashed the rear bar in as i hit the bank ,but thought the BF 's filled up to quick and could not release the mud (clay) quick enough ,I know muddy's flick shit everywhere ,but they are only doing their job .which have you fond being a better size in mud 265 or 285 ,?

CaptainBanana

Thanks Captain ,it sounds like my cup of tea ,I am mainly on the road ..if you can call them that ,but when i go off ,its pretty mad ,been side ways plenty times with the BF all terrain ,like full 4 wheel sliding down a hill stuff with a 8 metre gap .smashed the rear bar in as i hit the bank ,but thought the BF 's filled up to quick and could not release the mud (clay) quick enough ,I know muddy's flick shit everywhere ,but they are only doing their job .which have you fond being a better size in mud 265 or 285 ,?

I've run BFG all terrains twice, found them terrible on wet roads which is backed up by other users. Found them mostly good off-road but they don't clear well in heavy mud without a lot and I mean a lot of spinning.

I haven't run anything bigger than 265 for over a decade so I can't comment. I have run 245 and 265 back-to-back recently and haven't noticed a significant difference, one thing you can be absolutely sure of with a 285 is less fuel economy and less Highway performance, probably not significantly better if any better at all off-road.

Muddybugga

No highways here captain ..i live on a rock .we have pot holes cow shit and hills ...I have 275 's now and found them good for holes , ....BUT ,I'm going to get some 16 rims ,so i can run some 75 's on instead of 65 .should of done that a while ago ...I like my soft riding .so my BF 's are 790 ,so thinking of 265 /75/16 tyres 805 .or 285 ,75/16 834 . not much diff in height but will gain a inch with smaller rims .

phs

Performance off-road between a 265 and 285 will come down to the profile
No highways here captain ..i live on a rock .we have pot holes cow shit and hills ...I have 275 's now and found them good for holes , ....BUT ,I'm going to get some 16 rims ,so i can run some 75 's on instead of 65 .should of done that a while ago ...I like my soft riding .so my BF 's are 790 ,so thinking of 265 /75/16 tyres 805 .or 285 ,75/16 834 . not much diff in height but will gain a inch with smaller rims .

Really only gaining 1/2” in height It’s 25mm larger whee OD only half is transferred In hight from the ground

285/75r16 is a very common size 4wd tyre