Fabricator / Welder in Ipswich area

SlntKngt

Hi,

I'm in need of som recommendations on fabricators in the Ipswich / Brisbane are that could put rack on my trailer where I can mount a rooftop tent on. I have a 6x4 box trailer with cage and am looking for something like in this picture.

593f45c635e90d293fe6579eb2d6dd79.jpg

Appreciate any recommendations you guys might have.

Thanks,
Hanré

Hoyks

Basically what you're after is an adjustable ladder rack.
Go try Hans Steel near the cop shop at Yamanto. They sell a lot of stuff for trailers and might have a bolt on solution. If not, they sell steel and have welders on site, so should be able to knock something up..

Toyasaurus

If your handy with a cutter and welder, here is an idea for you.
This is the first prototype.
I had to replace the 2 front legs, they were not strong enough.
The side to side motion caused the bottom of them to crack.
I also added a brace on the front.
The bunnings gul wing box has a 40lt water tank and a 150ah battery in it plus assorted kit lights, chainsaw, seats and stove etc.
The trailer has been to the high country 4 times now with no problems.

The 3rd & 4th pictures are the finished product.

Hope this gives you some idea`s.

001.jpg
005 (2).jpg
DSC_1295.jpg
DSC_1297.jpg

cam04

Russ-all fabrications - counihan st 17 mile rocks. They have done such mods for a couple of our guys at work. They do general jobbing for me all the time.

SlntKngt

Basically what you're after is an adjustable ladder rack.
Go try Hans Steel near the cop shop at Yamanto. They sell a lot of stuff for trailers and might have a bolt on solution. If not, they sell steel and have welders on site, so should be able to knock something up..

Thanks, I will reach out to them to see if they can knock up what I need. You actually gave me a great idea (don't know why I didn't think of that before *DoH*) and I gave the trailer manufacturer a call and they actually have out of the box ladder racks for my trailer. I'll be getting a set of them so will just need a tray done up to mount on them.

SlntKngt

@Toyasaurus yea I'll be getting setup in much the same fashion as yours. Unfortunately I'm not much of a welder so I'll reach out to some of the people that's been recommended to knock something up for me.

@cam04 thanks mate. Will give them a call as well.