F100 GTHO phase 3 cobra

CaptainBanana

I have no idea where this thread is going or intended to go but my old man had a old F100 when I was about 12 years old which was I believe a 302 Cleveland.
Ex police truck bought at auction.

It was written off in a somewhat mild accident but if kept straight would still be a great car now.

If I was able to have it now I can just think about putting some sort of big Holley on it with some extractors & some fat tyres.

Then again, some things are just best kept all original but I also think that went out a long time ago.

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder :)

I was very much into modified everything back in the day but now I tend to like the most original looking cars the best.

typhoeus

I was very much into modified everything back in the day but now I tend to like the most original looking cars the best.
Original looking but with some modern mechanicals hidden underneath the skin! . . . Ive run out of brakes too many times to be fun when i was younger!

cam04

I have no idea where this thread is going or intended to go but my old man had a old F100 when I was about 12 years old which was I believe a 302 Cleveland.
Ex police truck bought at auction.

It was written off in a somewhat mild accident but if kept straight would still be a great car now.

If I was able to have it now I can just think about putting some sort of big Holley on it with some extractors & some fat tyres.

Then again, some things are just best kept all original but I also think that went out a long time ago.

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder :)

I put a holley on a 302 I had in a shorty cruiser - worse move I ever made. It was ok on the flat but in the hills it was aweful. I had Yanucelli's baffle it and put a 4wd kit in it but it still farted around. Should have kept it standard.

CaptainBanana

I put a holley on a 302 I had in a shorty cruiser - worse move I ever made. It was ok on the flat but in the hills it was aweful. I had Yanucelli's baffle it and put a 4wd kit in it but it still farted around. Should have kept it standard.

EFI in LPG is the best way to do engine swaps in four-wheel drives, fuel balls floats and things of that nature of just asking for trouble as you found out .

Andrew_LN65

I originally built the motor in my hilux for LPG (gotta love that high octane) but due to availability out bush I elected to go for 98 instead and have had to severely detune it to stop it pinging. I actually still have all the LPG injection gear there for it.

Back on topic, I sold my XY Fairmont in 2006 for $2200 when I split with the ex. Worth a fair bit more now!!

Spooner

Ive got no idea how to set one up for 4wDing Fanging , that would be a challenge :)
On my XB I had 2 well setup Holleys .
A 600 Vac secondaries for the street with light springs and jetted to suit.
A 650 Double Pumper jetted with a hi rise adaptor plate .
Only a 2 can job for a quick change over without changing the whole manifold as well ;)

Barra GU

Update: so thanks to this thread and all this classic car talk I'm here to let you all know that i did a thing...
For a while i been looking on gumtree to find something i could ome day buy amd then seeimg this thread escalated the want for something...

I was speaking to dad the other day and knowing he had the xb coupe we got stuck talking cars again.

As much as i used to try convince him to buy another xb i could never get him round to it.

Out of curiosity i askedthe old man what his first car was...

The rest is history... He started telling me that his first car was an XT Ford falcon in Gold.

For the next 10 minutes i saw a side to my dad that i had been looking for ages. The way he spoke about his first car i could tell it really meant something to him. Like memories he would bever forget, the silly things you do with your first car, what you got up too and how much he loved it...

It was then he said "if i was to do up another car that would be it".

Quite suprised and taken back because here i was thinking the xb was the love of his life given he owned it from 75 to 2008 i think he closed that chapter on the xb but the xt really meant something to him.

So out of the blue i started doing some research on them and said to him if i find one i was going to buy it so we can build the thing up together.

He actually agreed.

So this week i put the feelers out and looked for a potential buy.

I came across a few but needed too much prep work get the body to a good starting point.

Then i came across one in South Australia that seemed to tick all the boxes.

It was relatively all there, not too far gone rust wise amd seemed like a good foundation to start a build with.
So made an offer to the gentlemen after a few calls back and fourth and come to an agreement. Within 24 hours money was transfered into his account and now i await for the new project to come home to us.

With the build i promosed dad we can do it together. Choose everything together to which he had 1 rule. We have to build it into a gt replica in gold...

Given we were building this togetheri told him the only thing i wanted to change was the colour as i felt it was a little too granpa-ish for my liking so he agreed that i could choose the colour i wanted.

Ive chosen for the colour to be gt vermilion orange.
I know that wasnt one of the xt gt colours but given its not an original i felt i can paint it how i want...

So without further adieu i thought i would show you guys the colour amd wheel combo i am going amd a few pics of the actual car as it sits...

It will be a full ground up build from bare metal with a good solid street engine with around 500-700hp

I know this isnt a ford forum but there may be a few of you interested im thinking of using this sote as a place to document my build concidering i have my other buidls on here (if thats ok with you lot?)

Anyway thanks for the motivation.

Let the fun begin

Barra GU

20191003_114707.jpg
20191003_114726.jpg
20191003_114738.jpg
20191003_114638.jpg

Shes not too bad concidering what i paid...
Below is asneak peak of what she will look like...

Screenshot_20191004-091212_YouTube.jpg