EOI,Port Mac, Canunda, Robe/ Beachport up to 42 mile crossing ,Jan LWE 2017.

peterabbf

Ok mate no probs, get them to jump on the thread to let me know who they are so can add their names on the list.
Defenders are cool trucks, i like defenders.;)
Already have, I must admit, I have always like the Range Rovers, almost brought one instead of the Patrol... but the spare wheel was in the back and I couldn't set it up how I would have liked to, so to bad...

80lover96gxl

Already have, I must admit, I have always like the Range Rovers, almost brought one instead of the Patrol... but the spare wheel was in the back and I couldn't set it up how I would have liked to, so to bad...
Iv always said, if i didn't have toyotas id have landrovers but i like toyotas more, haha.
No probs mate , i'll keep an eye out for their posts.

peterabbf

60% packed, starting to get a little excited.:D
Im about 50%, was out messing around with the camper trailer yesterday, and packing gear into the Patrol at the same time, final pack Tuesday night and ten ready to go, after work,, feeling quite ill, may have to have the day off.... :)... or is that butterflies...

80lover96gxl

Im about 50%, was out messing around with the camper trailer yesterday, and packing gear into the Patrol at the same time, final pack Tuesday night and ten ready to go, after work,, feeling quite ill, may have to have the day off.... :)... or is that butterflies...
No thats ill mate, i think you really need to take the wednesday off due to health concerns and come find the remedy with me at the pt mac hotel.;)

LR_Dan

Defenders are cool trucks, i like defenders.;)

They're bloody awesome, hissy fits and all!

I'm one of the guys from Vic. Regarding experience on sand, well I am from Vic after all. Not much in the way of beach driving in this state. I've done Fraser Island though, so...? I wouldn't say it was hard. There wasn't any point in the trip where I would have been stuck. Blowing up the engine on the first day was a possibility though, but luckily that didn't happen.
The other guy hasn't done much in the way of 4wding in general, and is running a stock jeep. I may send them off to see some of their friends up that way and take them down onto the beach at an easy section after the trip is done. There is a possibility of another two cars joining somewhere on the trip, if you have room.

I'm hoping to join, BUT being a Land Rover, it's thrown me a curve ball. I just discovered both front shocks have blown out. I'll run around tomorrow to see if I can get a couple of replacement ones. Fingers crossed! If I don't make it, the stock jeep won't join either. Not sure about the others.

80lover96gxl

LR_Dan said:
They're bloody awesome, hissy fits and all!

I'm one of the guys from Vic. Regarding experience on sand, well I am from Vic after all. Not much in the way of beach driving in this state. I've done Fraser Island though, so...? I wouldn't say it was hard. There wasn't any point in the trip where I would have been stuck. Blowing up the engine on the first day was a possibility though, but luckily that didn't happen.
The other guy hasn't done much in the way of 4wding in general, and is running a stock jeep. I may send them off to see some of their friends up that way and take them down onto the beach at an easy section after the trip is done. There is a possibility of another two cars joining somewhere on the trip, if you have room.

I'm hoping to join, BUT being a Land Rover, it's thrown me a curve ball. I just discovered both front shocks have blown out. I'll run around tomorrow to see if I can get a couple of replacement ones. Fingers crossed! If I don't make it, the stock jeep won't join either. Not sure about the others.
No worries Dan, we've had stock jweeps down there before but with drivers that have had some experience off road. They, and the other guys could probably join in at beachport and do the run up to robe.

The beaches thru canunda and south of carpenters rocks are pretty full on, some with 30 degree cross angles which can and does catch out the unweary and those not so confident in their abilities so probably best they dont do this leg of the trip.

Happy to have you along for the entire run Dan and if the others are happy to join in at beachport then no probs.

Let me know how you go and the decisions of the other please mate.

Patrick Albrecht

Nearly Packed my self, Hoping to be at the park by 10pm (Maybe 10.30) and sneak in.
Hoping to tackle carpenters rocks etc as last time we had a few issues with getting a Ford Ranger out, Bit of winching and digging with the water getting near.

80lover96gxl

Nearly Packed my self, Hoping to be at the park by 10pm (Maybe 10.30) and sneak in.
Hoping to tackle carpenters rocks etc as last time we had a few issues with getting a Ford Ranger out, Bit of winching and digging with the water getting near.
Need to be at the park by 10 mate otherwise you wont get in as the gate will be locked.
Gimmie a call when your getting close and i'll see if i can keep the gate open for ya.

Patrick Albrecht

Need to be at the park by 10 mate otherwise you wont get in as the gate will be locked.
Gimmie a call when your getting close and i'll see if i can keep the gate open for ya.

No worries, if not will camp on the road.
Can you send me a text or pm with your number 0412039122
It's all up to lexes work, on what time he gets out.

peterabbf

No worries Dan, we've had stock jweeps down there before but with drivers that have had some experience off road. They, and the other guys could probably join in at beachport and do the run up to robe.

The beaches thru canunda and south of carpenters rocks are pretty full on, some with 30 degree cross angles which can and does catch out the unweary and those not so confident in their abilities so probably best they dont do this leg of the trip.

Happy to have you along for the entire run Dan and if the others are happy to join in at beachport then no probs.

Let me know how you go and the decisions of the other please mate.
Brian, these are the guys I mentioned before, good to see you found the thread Dan.

LR_Dan

We're looking good. I've got the car booked in for the two shocks being replaced tomorrow. If that fails, I guess I'll have to do them myself. It seems like an easy job, but I'm sure noone wants to play Frogger on the highway if one pings off.

Aside from that, I'm pretty much good to go. The jeeps still undecided so I'm guessing it'll be a coin toss decision as to whether they'll meet us at Beachport. Likewise with the other two.

Anyone convoying across from Vic? I'm happy enough to do that leg solo, but if anyone wants an excuse to drive slower on the highway, well, I'm your man haha.

80lover96gxl

We're looking good. I've got the car booked in for the two shocks being replaced tomorrow. If that fails, I guess I'll have to do them myself. It seems like an easy job, but I'm sure noone wants to play Frogger on the highway if one pings off.

Aside from that, I'm pretty much good to go. The jeeps still undecided so I'm guessing it'll be a coin toss decision as to whether they'll meet us at Beachport. Likewise with the other two.

Anyone convoying across from Vic? I'm happy enough to do that leg solo, but if anyone wants an excuse to drive slower on the highway, well, I'm your man haha.
Haha i like your style Dan.

Outrage / Matt is coming over from vic so maybe send him a pm and see if it suits you guys to meet up for the run over perhaps ?

Hopefully the guys get the shocks sorted, if their any sort of reputable place should only take em an hour really.

No wuckers with the jweep and other guys, just let me know when you find out their decision mate.

All going well we'll see ya wednesday arvo at pt mac.

Outrage

4x4 Earth Contributer
Haven't really set myself a time to leave, couple things to do first off in the morning then heading off once ready, so probably bit hard to set a meeting time/point.