EOI,Port Mac, Canunda, Robe/ Beachport up to 42 mile crossing ,Jan LWE 2017.

nightscale

You may have to put me back onto the maybe list for this, i have a heap of work coming up and not sure yet when its starting. and were looking at doing an esperence trip spmetime next year

Last edited:

80lover96gxl

Heading down to Pt Mac this weekend on a bit of a reccee trip to check out campsites for the first night. The one i had in mind will now not be big enough due to group size.
Will report back monday night with details. May even get a little excited and get some beach driving in, just to make sure the sand is still white;):p:D.

80lover96gxl

G'day all, so had a good run down thru the limestone coast over 3 days.
Camped at Wrights bay friday and saturday (nye) nights and stayed at Pt Macdonell cvan park, cvan park i hear you say with raised eyebrows ??? This was due to not being able to find a suitable campsite pretty much the whole stretch of pt mac:eek:o_O.

So now im proposing our first night ( wednesday night ) we stay at the cvan park. Its easy for everyone to find, showers can be had thursday morning so we're all fresh as daisies for the beach runs;) and it's cheap at $10 a night for a single person or $26 for 2 for an unpowered site.

Iv taken the liberty of booking 10 sites with the possibility of a couple more/less depending on numbers as they are flexible on final number. Only issue could be late arrivals as they dont want vehicles driving thru the park after 10pm. Iv taken this into consideration and booked sites beside the park boundry fence which is only 500mm high so vehicles can be parked beside the fence and swags/tents on the other side, the amenitites block is only 15 mtrs away so all within easy reach.
Preferably everyone would arrive before 10pm but understand this will likely not be the case so this is the best i can come up with. The beach runs start 15mins up the road so location is quite convienent.

If anyone has any concerns regarding staying in the cvan park please reply here or contact me on 0406 993 167.

Ohttp://www.woolwash.com.au/

Ok so back to the beaches, their gunna be interesting but fun;)o_O. Pretty good condition overall with plenty of soft sections to keep us on our toes:eek: and for those who havent been down there before should find it quite exciting;).

Conditions change everyday down there so will likely be quite different for our trip, but needless to say, its gunna be fun:D

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Nice timings mate, that is a good 3/4 day travel saved going down on the Wed, compared to when we did that winter run some years ago in 4 days inc travelling down and back.
This will be more relaxed.

Still trying to programme it in for sure.
I leave for a month away to NZ a week after this particular weekend, so work coming in will be a priority, but I sure won't be going to QLD for work, that's for sure.
Feel I should be able to manage it, but will confirm closer.

4Tunner

Sounds good Brian. Cheers for the update and taking care of bookings. Will prob aim to leave around 3 as well if I can get away from work a little early.. Looking forward to it!

80lover96gxl

Nice timings mate, that is a good 3/4 day travel saved going down on the Wed, compared to when we did that winter run some years ago in 4 days inc travelling down and back.
This will be more relaxed.

Still trying to programme it in for sure.
I leave for a month away to NZ a week after this particular weekend, so work coming in will be a priority, but I sure won't be going to QLD for work, that's for sure.
Feel I should be able to manage it, but will confirm closer.
Yep thats what im hoping to achieve mate, good driving while not under the pump to cover big ground each day while also having time up our sleeve for the inevitable recoveries that will likely occur throughout the trip, plus hopefully give us more time of an arvo at camps.

Yeah that trip a few yrs ago was a dooozy hey, tiring but brilliant.

NZ mate, sounds good, somewhere iv always wanted to go, maybe oneday.

Hope you can join us mate, be good to have another on board with experience driving those far southern beaches but work has to come first hay.