EOI,Port Mac, Canunda, Robe/ Beachport up to 42 mile crossing ,Jan LWE 2017.

80lover96gxl

G'day groovers,

Just putting it out there for a SE beaches/dune run on Jan long weekend. Thursday the 26th is the public holiday so will also be taking the friday off to make it a 4 day break;)

http://www.woolwash.com.au/
Plan is to head to Pt Macdonnell caravan park wednesday the 25th and stay the night there. $10 for one person in swag, $26 for 2 people in small tent on unpowered site. If possible arrive before 10pm.

Thursday 26th

Depart Pt Mac following the coastal tracks making our way thru to Carpenters Rock for camp that night.

Friday,

Drive thru Canunda and follow the beach around from Southen to Beachport. Depending on time make camp at a spot i know just shy of beachport or if traveling well look to get into the dunes and make camp.

Saturday,

Drive thru to Robe on beaches and dunes, then onto Wrights bay to make camp.

Sunday,

From Wrights drive the beaches thru to 42 mile crossing then head for home.

Those who can't make the thrusday but still keen to tag along could meet us at Beachport on the friday night for the next two days driving,,let me know if interested and i'll Lock in the campground and provide details.

Your own recov gear will be required with the basics being Snatch strap, couple of rated shackles, rated recov points on your vehicle and a long handled shovel and a strap dampner . Recovery boards, ( treds / maxxtraxx) will come in handy if you have a set but not a requirement. Tyre deflator and accurate guage and compressor will also be needed , dont panic if you dont have these last 3 items as their will be several available.

Fuel can be sought from Port Mac, Carpenters Rocks, Beachport , Robe , Kingston and Salt creek throughout the trip.

Bring whatever supplies you feel you need for the 4 days, or items are available at all towns we'll pass thru.

Firewood is usually scarce so if your able to bring some it would be much appreciated.

This is an awesome part of SA's coastline that offers great driving, views and scenery . No limit on group numbers so if your interested please feel free to register your interest here on this thread.

Attending
80lover / Me;)
Mac man Luke.
Blackout / Chris.
Outrage / Matt.
Jzom64 / Ben.
4tunner/ Alex.
Cejay.
Pat and co pilot.
Peterabbf, Peter. TEC.

Possibles
Kingy
Rog
Nick.

Last edited:

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Sounds like a good Aust Day plan mate, will put it in the calendar now, the only thing that'll stuff me around is interstate work if it happens to come in through that time.
Will be able to firm up into the new year.

Be a good prelude to the annual meet a couple of months later.

akin

Have no idea if the truck will be ready by them but if it and no plans are made for me prior will consider this one.
Cheers

80lover96gxl

Sounds like a good Aust Day plan mate, will put it in the calendar now, the only thing that'll stuff me around is interstate work if it happens to come in through that time.
Will be able to firm up into the new year.

Be a good prelude to the annual meet a couple of months later.
Yeah should be good mate and a nice warm up for the meet, hope work doesn't get in the way of the first lwe run for the year;)
Have no idea if the truck will be ready by them but if it and no plans are made for me prior will consider this one.
Cheers
No wuckers Kingy, be good to see you and the new beast on a SE run mate, plus the odd refreshment around the fire of an evening ;):D
Watching with interest, will speak to my son in law as well.
Ok Rog, hope you guys can make it mate, you know how good it is down there and we maybe able to show you a few areas you haven't seen mate.:)
Yea im in :) if i can wait that long ;)
Yep im hearin ya mate;).

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
You're right there Chris.
Could make for an expanded plan if there are 4 days available, though many might not be able to get the Fri off I guess, it will be popular with workplaces to get the extra long weekend.

80lover96gxl

I'm keen Brian. Although Aus Day PH is a Thursday. I have booked the Friday and Monday off.
Hi Chris, good to hear from you mate and glad your keen.
I didn't realize it was the Thursday for next yr so will look at changing the trip somewhat to include that day also to make it a 4 dayer, which opens up a few more possibilites.

Cheers for the heads up.

This sounds great Brian but someone i know is having a bloody 40th that weekend. I'm going to have to miss out because of one night. Hopefully next time.

80lover96gxl

This sounds great Brian but someone i know is having a bloody 40th that weekend. I'm going to have to miss out because of one night. Hopefully next time.
No probs at all mate, there will always be more trips down that way plus you'll get to experience some of it at the annual meet in march.

Hope the birthday party goes well mate.