EOI July 14th run

Luthy

So I think we will head up to Wallaroo SF and camp at Karuah NP. For those Sydneyites that's about 2 hrs north of sydney and about 30mins north of Newcastle near The Bucketts Way. Richard and I will be there from the Friday afternoon with the actual campsite being Little Mountain Campground (if we can get there)which may change if we cant. Best place for a refuel would probably be Heatherbrae and there are stores at Raymond Terrace. There is a variety of terrains in this area and relatively easy to mild. I will do a run to Heatherbrae Maccas on the Saturday morning to grab anyone at about 8am and leave there hopefully by 8:30 to hit the tracks. Anyone is welcome to come even just for a camp if you like or just for the drive. Please bring your own recovery gear, uhf and warm clothes.

Cheers Luthy

denmonkey

beaudy. will do.

Haven't been 4wding up there as such but have been in there to both little mountain ( I think) and tattersals.
I think there is a nice hill climb right at Tattersal's isnt there ? opposite the water line ?

I know it can get very crap very quick after a rain has come through.
Fingers crossed we'll be all good.

richardlnsw

I will get there for lunch on Friday :cool::cool: so if it's crap I can ring Luthy and work something out. Just have to monitor the weather..... which will be SUNNY!!!

Mitchmate

I dont want to be 'that guy' but im double booked that weekend is JulyFest at Sydney Society of Model Engineers... can we punt it back a week? If not all good and ill have to sit this one out.

denmonkey

I won't be making the friday but will see yawl at maccas in the morning on Sat.
Is this bring a friend along deal or just sticking to those on the list :cool:

denmonkey

nope..... what is the difference to the 3100 (think that's what I've got)
What Bill said.
It sends your location and a status on the end of your transmission. This can be seen by other xrs users on their mobile devices and visa versa as per the pics below.

Screenshot_20180623-144827.png Screenshot_20180609-140753.png

I have one on loan from GME for review but have only had limited time to test it out real world due to my mate who has one left on a 13 week Oz tour.
This weekend on the tracks would be ideal for testing but it requires someone else to have one too.

All good on the friend @Luthy . Doubt he will come but thought it best to ask first.

Last edited:

Aza013

Ok looks like my son and I will be good for this one :)
We will try to get there for the Friday ( pending work) I will let you know 100% on Thursday.
Just hope it's dry as I don't want other ppl winching me around all weekend :(

denmonkey

Ok looks like my son and I will be good for this one :)
We will try to get there for the Friday ( pending work) I will let you know 100% on Thursday.
Just hope it's dry as I don't want other ppl winching me around all weekend :(
excellent.

don't worry about the winching. I've only used mine once and would like to use it again :)

Besides its unhealthy for a winch not to be used now and then. So figure it this way, you would be doing them a favour :D

richardlnsw

How hard is the route you are taking? Will a mild lift and 32s get you through most of it?
@Luthy will know more but as far as the lift goes..... Prado with 2" on 32's ...... so you will fit right in lol If the going gets tough we ALWAYS help each other through it.
And @Aza013 my winch could do with a bit of a work out too!!!;):D