EOI - Canberra Chapter Meetup 2nd Sep

twisty

WARNING - TRIP LEADER HAS BAILED! THIS IS FATHERS DAY. CANCELLED!

unless someone wants to pick up the ball

There are a few new earthlings in the area and it's bee 6 months since the last one, so, how about ...

4x4 Earth - Canberra Chapter Meetup and Brindabella day trip. Dry weather only. Family friendly get together.

Same as the last one except Mcintyres Hut is closed from Waterfall trail. Dingi Ridge may also be closed but I'll confirm before hand.

Meet at Conder Hut, 10am Sunday 2nd September. Conder hut (S35 18.795 E148 52.304 (copy n paste into google maps)) is on Brindabella Rd on the left hand side 5.3km from Uriarra homestead heading to Picadilly Circus. Blue Range Rd is just before Conder hut and on the right. It's easy to miss Conder Hut and parking is out of sight from the road. Let me know if you're not sure. Air down.

Then travel via Picadilly Circus and Gentle Annie to Flea Creek (lunch). Then via Webbs Ridge Trail and return via Dingi Ridge and Blue Range Rd back to Conder Hut. Air up and go home. Easy/medium. Steep ascents and decents, rocky, hairpins. 50km total (30 km L1). 6 hours.

Just in case, please make sure you have basic recovery gear, UHF radio, a well maintained and registered 4x4, and a full tank of fuel. Although these are easy to moderate 4x4 only tracks, conditions can change quickly. Be prepared. Any questions?

Who's in?
adricat + tribe

Maybe
Dave40runner + old donk
silly one + tribe

Last edited:

Dave40runner

bump again.

C'mon y'all. Sign up now before all the spots are taken!

I might be in on this one. Got the go ahead for the new engine from SWMBO and might have a fun day doing naughty things to the old engine to "ensure" it needs replacing..

twisty

I might be in on this one. Got the go ahead for the new engine from SWMBO and might have a fun day doing naughty things to the old engine to "ensure" it needs replacing..

"might"? It's been too long. Name added to list. Fine for non attendance will be applied.

adricat - good on ya.

silly one

hey mind if a newbie tags along if the minister allows lol and if i can get to the bottom of my overheating when i get up higher in the mountains new water pump this week so hopefully should beat it so if so itl b me and the daughter

twisty

Fathers Day huh ... didn't realise that ... would another day be better? I've never practiced or encouraged this particular contrived economic social celebration. anyhoo ...

Yes, might.... If my donk lasts that long.... if it doesnt, guess what ill be doing?

No worries mate. You're a maybe.

ps. congrats grandad :D

hey mind if a newbie tags along

Not at all, noob friendly trip. 4L will be needed. If you're not sure, ask.

Last edited:

Dave40runner

Thanks Dave. Yeah my granddaughter came along only 4 weeks ago. And I love the contrived rubbish that commercial celebration called fathers day is, cause I get poached eggs on toast in bed and the kids can cook them well too. Lol..

That's ok too mate, just realised it myself.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

twisty

This trip will stop at "the sign" for photo ops. A must, if you ever aspire to join the noble ranks of the ACT Earthlings Club!

pajmick

looks like im going to have to pull out due to tribe making a family getaway to jervis bay for the dreaded fathers day

man not even a dirt road through nerriga now :-(

twisty

aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggg

I'm out too ... the rain today has had far reaching influence

sorry adricat