Change background image

Endless Air

Discussion in 'General 4x4 Discussion' started by red hilux, Sep 28, 2018.

1. red hilux

red hilux Well-Known Member

who here has a genuine endless air from endless air??

Seriously thinking about installing a unit into my Prado.

Regarding maintenance, how often do you squeeze more grease into the unit?? Couple pumps after every use?? They say 3-4 pumps every 5k service, more often with heavier usage.

Is it possible to put too much grease in it??

Anything else I may be missing?

2. red hilux

another question

if you need to put grease in it regularly ( for lubrication ) , where does the grease go? Down the lines, in the pressure switch, in the tyres eventually?

3. itlldoo

itlldoo Well-Known Member

it will have a grease nipple on the compressor, 2 pumps every 3 -5 hours of use cause they come with a timer, but i do it when i'm under the car

4. red hilux

Where does the grease inside the unit disappear too?

5. boobook

boobook Well-Known Member

6. Albynsw

Albynsw Well-Known Member

Did you see how much it weighs o_O

7. red hilux

And draws 180amps max

Albynsw likes this.
  8. red hilux

I’m thinking that their is only a couple things I want to do to my Prado

Late model hilux bonnet scoop
    Intercooler upgrade
    Endless air
    Alt upgrade
    Maybe dump pipe to the stock exhaust ( rear muffler has already been changed to high flow )

9. boobook

Yeah, but it can keep up with 4 x 1/2" rattle guns in case you need that in the bush.

10. red hilux

Can use rattle gun with endless air also.

And it’s engine driven.

You prob need alt upgrade also or an idle up

11. dno67

dno67 Well-Known Member

Aren't they just an aircon compressor with a grease nipple screwed in to lubricate them as there no longer got the gas to cool and lube. Would be pretty simlpe to make.

12. red hilux

yeah they are

its 395 for my car ( plus postage I think ) and thats for the complete kit including belts, brackets . i just need to do pressure switch and electricals

13. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Not if its a old Hills Hoist lol.
    But I doubt you would need to over do it with one of those . Just a regular small amount would be my guess to keep it lubed .

14. red hilux

15. barnsey062

barnsey062 Well-Known Member

I made one on my old fj45 years ago, i used an old electric clutch air conditioner pump and an old primus porta gas bottle, put a switch on the dash to turn it on and off & a pressure release valve on the bottle, whole setup cost $80 am still thinking about doing the same on my ute :) it worked really well & when beach driving i could air back up in almost the same time it took at the petrol station.

16. Batts88

Batts88 Well-Known Member

For the amount of times the average person would need an air operated rattle gun and constant supply of air to run it I have been using one of these for around 7 yrs on wheel nuts and other things.

For power supply it has battery clips, lighter socket I also made an Anderson plug adaptor it can be used on any ones vehicle if I need to help some one change a wheel faster.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    Spooner and barnsey062 like this.
  17. barnsey062

barnsey062 Well-Known Member

yep i have one of those, they are great :)

Batts88 likes this.
  18. boobook

Well I was joking about the 4 rattle guns but I had one of those 12v ones.

They are too large, too slow and stuff the wheel nuts. I change my Muddy set of wheels over with the AT's regulary. That thing ruined the wheel nuts and was so bloody slow.It urned a 20 minute job into a 40 minute job.

Errrrrrrrrrrrr Clunk errrrrrrrr Clunk. Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr clunk. Those that have one whill be familiar with this sound.

Mine went in the bin.

Even a ryobi is 100 times better.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  19. Batts88

Batts88 Well-Known Member

20 minutes how many wheels are you changing in that time a dozen or more it takes less than 2 minutes at a guise haven't timed it though to remove and replace 1 wheel using the wrench. I have same wheel nuts in the 7yrs I've been using it no problem with them it's fast enough I'm not using it in a pit lane on a racing car.

barnsey062 likes this.
  20. boobook