'Ello thar!

craz3d

Was just googling for some info on my 4WD.. and came across here, so I thought I may as well join in the fun.

My names Keith, I live in south eastern Melbourne and I'm 16 years and 5 months old. Only a few days ago I put my deposit down for a 1986 Toyota Hilux 4x4 Extra Cab SR5 (I think it's an SR5, it has a sunroof). I'm to pick her up on Saturday next.. so we'll see what happens with her. Got the 'Lux for $1525, and the only major issue is the 4Y's timing is wayy out. I got a bit of money left so I'll be using that to do her up.

Pics:
image_not_available.jpg

The 'Lux as she was posted on eBay
image_not_available.jpg

Photo we took of the front when we went to look
image_not_available.jpg

Side
image_not_available.jpg

Rear
image_not_available.jpg

The interior, needs a bit of TLC and seat needs to be fixed. Gearstick is loose (pin is out, hopefully its just a find and reinsert thing)
image_not_available.jpg

And the engine bay, she looks in good nick but its timing is out by a country mile

:D - lots to do so hopefully I'm up to the task. My Dad had a 1980 Hilux 4x4 that he had done up, but unfortunately he had to sell it when I was born (not enough seats).

So that's what I have ahead of me, there's lots of work to be done but I think I'm up to the task!

Hope to be around/see you guys around and I'll have her finished about 3 months before my 18th b'day which is the 11th of October, 2009.

Keith.

goldrush

Welcome aboard Keith. Looks like you've got the starting point for a good rig there. 18 months is a good amount of time to spend making it what you want. Good luck and if you get stuck on anything theres lots of blokes on here who could give you the answers you need.

Cheers.

Cliff

craz3d

Welcome aboard Keith. Looks like you've got the starting point for a good rig there. 18 months is a good amount of time to spend making it what you want. Good luck and if you get stuck on anything theres lots of blokes on here who could give you the answers you need.

Cheers.

Cliff

Thanks.. hopefully everything to go to plan, but something going wrong is inevitable. :p

centaur

Thanks.. hopefully everything to go to plan, but something going wrong is inevitable. :p

Things going wrong is how you learn. I spent nearly 7 months re-doing my 60 series last year, talk about a learning curve.:rolleyes: It was easier for me as I am a spray painter, so that made life so much easier. :)

Looks like a great start though, well done. I hope you find it enjoyable to do, and then get out there and have some real fun !!!!! :D :D

Traveller

Welcome Keith, looks like you've got the makings of a good project, hope it works out for you. My 1st 4x4 was a 'Lux, not a bad vehicle.

Jok

Patriot

Administrator
Hi Keith,

Welcome to the forum. Good choice on the Hilux, I am hoping to pick up something like that, and you cant complain about the price, a great bargain.

Hope you have a lot of fun and we see you out there soon :)

James