EGR PJ/PK

99pc chimpanzee

Mmmm good egr sticky thread as well,alot of time and effort from posters gone out the windy man,at least helped those at the time and for a while after,i tried cached view, nothing, it just vanished into oblivion
Yeah, noticed that !
Shame, there were some good posts and info there, they could have at least archived it and left it there for reference.
Thanks

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Tried 'way back machine' just now, but only an Oct 2017 cache of main Ranger page, had thread on there showing only had 2 replies made at the time, and that link wasn't available / saved to the archive.

Ah well, there's this site and a couple of half decent ones on 4WDA forum covering a lot, possibl a lot more than the Form forum had.

yeah all good mate....I'll have another crack...the instruction sheet said 1 in 10 will throw an error light......l'm that one!!!!
Hi,
new member and I have 2017 ranger with a PK2 engine.
looking at all the webs forums etc still a bit confused.
1. is the a egr delete cable avail for a ranger pk2.
2. is there a chip avail, and what cost
any help appreciated
Carty

Jaye

Hi,
new member and I have 2017 ranger with a PK2 engine.
looking at all the webs forums etc still a bit confused.
1. is the a egr delete cable avail for a ranger pk2.
2. is there a chip avail, and what cost
any help appreciated
Carty
1. Dont delete the EGR. A blanking plate needs a hole in it so it doesnt throw a code. It can be turned off with a tune at a cost. Any ecu updates from Ford will wipe the tune and you will be back to square one.
2. A quality "chip" is about $1500

Think about a catch can. We have Provent on our 2016 Ranger. After 130,000km the intake is dry as a bone and not choked with carbon.