Ebay electric winch

Zob

Does anyone have information about ebay electric winch 12000lbs is it worth only $350 thinking about buying it
Its called xbull electric winch

Hoyks

+1 on what RBJET said.

ebay sellers disappear or re-name themselves overnight, so it will probably work now, but in 6 months when something craps out or you need a part, good luck claiming a warranty or even getting the right parts to fix it yourself.

I've heard good and bad about the Supercentre, but they have a 12000lb winch for $350, you can get parts and they also have a counter you can go and bang your fist on if it comes down to that.

dno67

Does anyone have information about ebay electric winch 12000lbs is it worth only $350 thinking about buying it
Its called xbull electric winch
Thank about what happens in the case of, a return or warranty problem.
IMO
Better to purchase from somewhere relatively close to your home address, incase you need aftersales service.

Albynsw

Thank about what happens in the case of, a return or warranty problem.
IMO
Better to purchase from somewhere relatively close to your home address, incase you need aftersales service.
Likewise
I wouldn’t buy an EBay one, better if with one from Aldi, Supacheap etc or whatever bricks and mortar store that you can go back to if you have a problem

itlldoo

if you go that way, before you mount it, pull it apart, re grease it and seal it properly then it might last it's first swim.

cam04

After being let down by my 5th name brand pressure washer I bought an x-bull one last year. It is a ball tearer for the money.
I’ve had an aldi winch and now have a kings winch. I wouldn’t think you go too far wrong with an x-bull winch. However if you get onto the kings site they produced a series of videos showing them stripping it and comparing with others etc., what style solenoids and all the other guff which convinced me to buy their Chinese winch over the others. So far so good.

Bumping this.....I am not intending to do any hardcore 4x4, at the moment, Barrington Tops and the like.

I watched a youtube of this guy driving into a water hole on the way to polblue falls and he just stuck, needed a winch to get him out, looks like has off road tyres and lowered the psi, I only have the AT ones.

So am thinking I need a winch and reading this thread the 12000lb supacentre one is cheap and cheerful with a desk I can bang a fist on..I am pretty sure my bullbars will take a winch, the Hilux is ex police and I think they are ARB.

But if the winch fits and the bar can take it, what other things do i need for the recovery? It says it has 26m of rope, well great, but what if the best tree is 36m away! Should I get some rope and straps?

What if there are no trees, I do ride on the beach, would you need a sand anchor? I have some skids and a shovel, is that enough?

Appreciate any guidance.

Swaggie

if you go that way, before you mount it, pull it apart, re grease it and seal it properly then it might last it's first swim.
No doubt it will void the warranty, but if you’re going down that path add a breather (motor side :cool:) and seal the mild steel (motor/brushes) with CRC Electro Paint, Even the inside of the cylinder, leaving where the brush holder joins the inside of the case bare to earth i should do a Youtube video on it down the track....

Can’t be bothered doing all that look at the Road Runner winches they were the first to do it and the only ones so far. i asked many manufacturers over the years why they leave there motors BARE. Never received a reply on it, otherwise with condensation and water the parts rust.....

Goodluck

hiluxdriver

Bumping this.....I am not intending to do any hardcore 4x4, at the moment, Barrington Tops and the like.

I watched a youtube of this guy driving into a water hole on the way to polblue falls and he just stuck, needed a winch to get him out, looks like has off road tyres and lowered the psi, I only have the AT ones.

So am thinking I need a winch and reading this thread the 12000lb supacentre one is cheap and cheerful with a desk I can bang a fist on..I am pretty sure my bullbars will take a winch, the Hilux is ex police and I think they are ARB.

But if the winch fits and the bar can take it, what other things do i need for the recovery? It says it has 26m of rope, well great, but what if the best tree is 36m away! Should I get some rope and straps?

What if there are no trees, I do ride on the beach, would you need a sand anchor? I have some skids and a shovel, is that enough?

Appreciate any guidance.
Jump on to YouTube and watch how others do winch recoveries and stock up on the gear you need for the places you go. Having a winch on its own is not enough.

cam04

Appreciate any guidance.
An ARB bar will require that you rotate the winch gearbox 90 degrees prior to installation. Kings have a vid on how to do that.
Other gear I carry on a trip that recovery is a probable outcome:
Tree trunk protector strap
Bridle strap
Winch extension strap
Drag chain
Shackles
2 x snatch blocks
Snatch strap

On a beach you will do better with recovery boards and a long handle shovel - I also carry those.

Note when winching in soft sand and mud, angle the cable up and DO NOT assist the winch by driving. All these tv presenters these days spinning while they are winching have no idea. That caper came about when extreme winch challenge racing started. A car in sand will pop straight up if winched in neutral. If you spin the wheels you’ll dig to china. Same when snatching. Don’t load up the throttle until a split second after the initial pull. If revving the crap out of it was going to work, they wouldn’t be stuck in the first place.

Finally, seek help or training. The games we play with recovery gear are dangerous ones. Only training by those who have knowledge is the correct way to learn. Trial and error will maim or kill you when it comes to this stuff. A local club for a few runs is a minimum requirement - please.

Last edited:
An ARB bar will require that you rotate the winch gearbox 90 degrees prior to installation. Kings have a vid on how to do that.
Other gear I carry on a trip that recovery is a probable outcome:
Tree trunk protector strap
Bridle strap
Winch extension strap
Drag chain
Shackles
2 x snatch blocks
Snatch strap

On a beach you will do better with recovery boards and a long handle shovel - I also carry those.

Note when winching in soft sand and mud, angle the cable up and DO NOT assist the winch by driving. All these tv presenters these days spinning while they are winching have no idea. That caper came about when extreme winch challenge racing started. A car in sand will pop straight up if winched in neutral. If you spin the wheels you’ll dig to china. Same when snatching. Don’t load up the throttle until a split second after the initial pull. If revving the crap out of it was going to work, they wouldn’t be stuck in the first place.

Finally, seek help or training. The games we play with recovery gear are dangerous ones. Only training by those who have knowledge is the correct way to learn. Trial and error will maim or kill you when it comes to this stuff. A local club for a few runs is a minimum requirement - please.
Thats exactly what he did on the video and I would have done the same so really appreciate that advice thanks.

itlldoo

i asked many manufacturers over the years why they leave there motors BARE. Never received a reply on it,
you make something that lasts 10 years you only get that customer once a decade, now if it lasts for 3 years your customer comes 3.3 times = 3.3 x the money in the same decade in theory ...disposal society = more money

itlldoo

and i have very little faith in warranties and guarantee's............ so with a check over and a few tweaks both are void, cause they outlast the paperwork.

Swaggie

you make something that lasts 10 years you only get that customer once a decade, now if it lasts for 3 years your customer comes 3.3 times = 3.3 x the money in the same decade in theory ...disposal society = more money
Yeah your spot on mate who’d have thought planned obsolescence on a winch lmao