Easy/Medium Day Trip To Warby Area - Sunday (16/05/10)

Smeacs

Banned
Myself and Big Matt are taking a few novice 4x4ers (no lift, no Tyres) out to introduce them to the Millgrove/Warburton area on Sunday (16/05/10). Wanted to invite anyone along for the trip. The tracks will be easy to medium with the possibility of getting a bit muddy. There will be a few challenging side tracks along the way that we can look at if you’re interested.
We will be meeting at the Launching Place Bakery at around 10:30. And will be heading home by around 4:00pm

Will be Fueling Up at the Lilydale Shell on Maroondah Highway around 9:45-10.

Will be on UHF 16 and CB 16.

We already have 4 vehicles going and want to keep the numbers down to about 8. Also want to try to keep a 2 to 1 ratio of experience to novice so we can keep a good eye on the novice drivers and helping them out where needed.

Cheers all.

Current List:
Smeacs (Rob)
Big Matt
Rowan & The posers. (Not On Site) - Yet
Micheal (Not On Site) - Yet
Bluebird68
Grey Ghost

XQZME + 1 x Jeep - Unable to make it.
Jack1948 - Had to pull out due to other commitments. - See you at the BBQ..

Last edited:

jack48

Hi Rob, we might be able to make it, depends on work, so we maybe TBC, shall know by Friday night. At what point are you entering the tracks? Off Tarago Rd or where?
Would be great to catch up with a few guys before the BBQ the following Sunday. you can PM me if you like, thanks .

Smeacs

Banned
Hi Rob, we might be able to make it, depends on work, so we maybe TBC, shall know by Friday night. At what point are you entering the tracks? Off Tarago Rd or where?
Would be great to catch up with a few guys before the BBQ the following Sunday. you can PM me if you like, thanks .

Hi Jack.
We are looking at going in at Big Pats. will head up Mississippi FL then head around to Oat Patch. Will then have a play up around patrol and lyrebird track area. Also thinking of ducking over to Summer Spur Track and checking it out if we have time.

jack48

It's been raining cats & dogs up here, it's my backyard, you will need tyres. Shall let you know when I find out.

Smeacs

Banned
No lift ok,but NO TYRES!! WTF.:rolleyes::D:D:D:D

We here in Victoria don't waste money on rubber. just the rims will do.. :confused: lol

Most people will get the meaning of standard tyres. ie: you don't need 37" comp spec tyres for this trip.

But thanks, I will be a bit more descriptive for my next trip post.

Smeacs

Banned
It's been raining cats & dogs up here, it's my backyard, you will need tyres. Shall let you know when I find out.

We have been keeping an eye on the weather out there. Have already canceled a few of the tracks that we were going to have a look at because of the wet factor.
Let us know what it like on friday and we will see which ones we can look at from there.

Thanks Jack.

Smeacs

Banned
Yep, count me in , Usually like easy/medium trips more after having been on a few hard ones. Cheers David.

Hi Dave,
Sorry for not replying to you. Will be great to have you along for the trip.
If you want to meet in wandin or somewhere along the warby Hwy just yell out and we will organise something.
Your name has been added to the list.

See you then.

Hi Dave,
Sorry for not replying to you. Will be great to have you along for the trip.
If you want to meet in wandin or somewhere along the warby Hwy just yell out and we will organise something.
Your name has been added to the list.

See you then.

Meet at lilydale shell around 9.45 - 10.00 will be fine, will be in red swb Patrol, Cheers David. PM sent.

CHUAH

G'Day,

I am interested and maybe a friend as well (Jeep)...... really depends on my work load this weekend.... I will you posted...... should be good........ uuummmm

Cheers!

Big Matt

@ David, just look out for a dark green disco, a blue(ish) i think disco and a white LWB GQ, shouldnt be hard to spot LOL

@ XQZME let us know how ya go, no biggy were doing 3 or 4 more runs out that way in the next month, we have some unfinished business on a few tracks that we were winching on that need doing before seasonal closures ruin the fun LOL

Looking to be a good day

Remember guys its a fairly easy day as were taking out a couple of guys (one of which hasnt done a lot of wheeling) so dont come expecting to much LOL although we can definantly point ya in that direction as well :)

Smeacs

Banned
G'Day,

I am interested and maybe a friend as well (Jeep)...... really depends on my work load this weekend.... I will you posted...... should be good........ uuummmm

Cheers!

Hi XQZME,
Have added you to the list as a TBC.

As Big Matt said it is going to be an easy day. Hopefully nothing like the Bunyip trip you guys went on.

Hope to see you there.

Grey Ghost

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
I hear that jeep is good for practicing winching techniques on! Got room for 1 more? I think I need to get my poor ute a bit dirty seeing as how it's been mostly superceded by a bl@@dy pootrol on our trips! :D I will confirm later tonight.

Smeacs

Banned
I hear that jeep is good for practicing winching techniques on! Got room for 1 more? I think I need to get my poor ute a bit dirty seeing as how it's been mostly superceded by a bl@@dy pootrol on our trips! :D I will confirm later tonight.

Would be great to have you along for the trip. It's about time we got out on one together.

Look forward to hearing from you tonight.

Grey Ghost

I'm in! just gotta put the real tyres out the grey one tommorow and I'm set :D

Grey Ghost

Myself and BigMatt are taking a few novice 4x4ers (no lift, no Tyres) out to introduce them to the Millgrove/Warburton area on Sunday (16/05/10). Wanted to invite anyone along for the trip. The tracks will be easy to medium with the possibility of getting a bit muddy. There will be a few challenging side tracks along the way that we can look at if you’re interested.
We will be meeting at the Launching Place Bakery at around 10:30. And will be heading home by around 4:00pm

Will be Fuelling Up at the Lilydale Shell on Maroondah Highway around 9:45-10.

Will be on UHF 16 and CB 16.

We already have 4 vehicles going and want to keep the numbers down to about 8. Also want to try to keep a 2 to 1 ratio of experiance to novice so we can keep a good eye on the novice drivers and helping them out where needed.

Cheers all.

Current List:
Smeacs (Rob)
Big Matt
Rowan & The posers. (Not On Site) - Yet
Micheal (Not On Site) - Yet
Bluebird68
Grey Ghost
jack1948 - TBC
XQZME + 1 x Jeep - TBC
Grey Ghost

Just look out for my twin brother out there! :D