Change background image

Easy access camping areas in Brisbane for my Dad

Discussion in 'Camping Areas' started by Robbie_P, Oct 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Robbie_P

Robbie_P Member

Hi all,

My dad has been joining us for camping in the national parks, which mostly require 4x4 access, have no signal, no electricity etc, which he loves doing when hes with us.

During the week he would like to go on "solo" camps, but probably not as remote etc.

Can anybody recommend some decent camping sites within 1 hour from Brisbane? My Dad is 60 but has a "self sufficient" setup with his Honda Jazz. He doesnt need electricity, but he wouldn't mind having it. He probably also wouldnt want to spend more than $10 per night.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
    Robbie

2. cam04

cam04 Well-Known Member

My mee, neurum creek, Canungra, lions road, there’s a few around.

3. Choook

Choook Well-Known Member

Try this link for D'Aguilar National Park camp sites.

You won't get the Jazz into all of these, some are walk in bush camping.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  4. hiluxdriver

hiluxdriver Well-Known Member

Have a look on Google maps for NPs in your range, the Google those NP for camping. Or Google " camping SEQ".

5. CaptainBanana

CaptainBanana Active Member

Canungra showgrounds is great and accessible by car, cheap too, Samford showgrounds is usually very quiet and cheap and under new management as of last November so things may be different now, Baden Powell scout ground at Samford is another nice one and cheap but it can be busier although never crowded and lastly Redcliffe show grounds are large and uncrowded but it is a little more expensive in comparison to the others although very close to the beach and town centre.

Get wiki camps if you haven't already got it even the trial and go nuts.