E O I Border Track Night Run Sat 2•8•14

80lover96gxl

E O I Border Track Night Run Sat 2•8•14

Dunno what happen to thread title but trip date is Saturday 2 . 8 . 14

With the Border track now open again after the fires Mac_man_luke and I are keen to do it at night and are looking for more vehicle's to join us.

Plan is to meet at Pinnaroo BP servo at 4.30pm , fuel up, quick feed and hit the track starting off the Mallee hwy by 5.15pm and hopefully make it thru to Red Bluff camp if all goes well for some shut eye.

Sunday would see us finish the remainder of the track and rejoining the Dukes hwy at Border Town.

So could be a long night or could be an easy night , all depends on the track conditions and how we fare on the night.

Bring your recovery gear,,rated straps and shackles, a long handled shovel, and maxxtraxx or treads if you have set.

What ever food and drink you feel you need, warm clothes and sleeping gear will be required also.

If you think you may like to join Luke and I for the BT night run feel free to reply to this thread.

Convoy details, departing Mt Barker Truck stop 6k's past Mt Barker on the left at 2.30pm sharp, be there by 2.15pm if possible .
Anyone who wants to meet at Tailem Bend, we'll be through there about 3.15pm so be ready to roll as we wont be stopping, listen for call outs from the convoy on uhf chl 10.

Convoy limit of 10 vehicles

TRIP FULL.

Attendee's
1. 80lover /Brian*
2. Mac_man_luke/Luke.*
3. Dale.
4 .Markb. Pinnaroo.
5 .GazaShaggy/ Gaza.*
6 .Cavsarge/Bernie.*
7 . 4cnrWC/ Paul. *
8 . Slartibartfast*
9.Lambo/Chris.
10.Ash450 . Pinnaroo.

Les is taking a group 6-7 vehicle's thru the bt on Saturday and is going to meet up with us night runners in the evaning. He will be camping at Red Bluff also so we will all end up there by the end of the night for a chinwag and a few drinks around the fire before turning in for the night.

Departing truck stop at mt barker at 8.30 am heading straight for Pinnaroo to fuel up.
Depart Pinnaroo around 11.00 am for the run down the bt.

If you wpuld like to join Les on the day run please feel free to reply on this thread and I'll add to the list.

Les' s group is as follows

TRIP FULL.

Les pk ranger -Les
Mark - subi

Blackmaz - Greg n Kerryn
Gunka- gav.
D22navara -chris
Blackout - Chris.

Standby list.
John paj.

Last edited:

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Might be ok for that, will let you know.

Edit - Brian / Luke, you sound confident it's open again (fully ?) but the website still has the closed info up ?
Expect you've actually spoken to the rangers / park office ?

Just checking some options to get away.

Last edited:

80lover96gxl

Spoke to MHG on tuesday , he did it last weekend said all gates were open.
There was another post on earth here somewhere with a link saying it was open too.

Better double check.

markb

Sounds very tempting might have to put me down for this one

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

80lover96gxl

Might be ok for that, will let you know.

Edit - Brian / Luke, you sound confident it's open again (fully ?) but the website still has the closed info up ?
Expect you've actually spoken to the rangers / park office ?

Just checking some options to get away.
Yep ok mate.

Yeah there's been a few posts saying the parks have reopened, will make some more enquiries to be certin.

GazaShaggy

I'm keen to come along done it several times on bikes it would be good to give it a crack with the car, unfortunately mate broke my maxtrax imitations so probably wont have a set of the real deal before then hope it's not too much of an hassle.
Also not sure if anyone else would be keen but maybe heading out earlier Saturday and doing some of the other tracks I know around there.

80lover96gxl

I'm keen to come along done it several times on bikes it would be good to give it a crack with the car, unfortunately mate broke my maxtrax imitations so probably wont have a set of the real deal before then hope it's not too much of an hassle.
Also not sure if anyone else would be keen but maybe heading out earlier Saturday and doing some of the other tracks I know around there.
Hi Gaza, no probs mate, I'll add you to the list.

Nah no issue with the maxxtraxx ,, as long as you have a rated strap , shackle and shovel.

The other tracks you mention, are they decent sand tracks ? Nit sure if I'd be able to joun you but others might.

mills63

Sh?? going to have to miss this one too Grand Daughters first Bday. Get plenty of good pic's Luke

mac_man_luke

Hi Gaza, no probs mate, I'll add you to the list.

Nah no issue with the maxxtraxx ,, as long as you have a rated strap , shackle and shovel.

The other tracks you mention, are they decent sand tracks ? Nit sure if I'd be able to joun you but others might.
Could take the long way in like i did last year up from keith way through ngarkat, was some nice smooth sand tracks and a few nice dune climbs

but that would mean you might be tired of driving by the time we get to the BT :)

Cavsarge

Hey guys if there is still room I am keen to come along for this one- still waiting for the lux to come out of toyota but it will have a rebuilt t-case to try out.

Bernie

80lover96gxl

Could take the long way in like i did last year up from keith way through ngarkat, was some nice smooth sand tracks and a few nice dune climbs

but that would mean you might be tired of driving by the time we get to the BT :)
How long do you think it would take to reach Pinnaroo from that direction Luke, reason I ask is some may need to fuel up before hitting the bt.
Could be an option if not too time consuming.