Dune Bashing in Nissan Patrol Y61

SuperSafari

Hi Guys,

Any tips on whether I should be cleaning any internals of my ride after a day of dune bashing? Obv exterior and interior is all taken care of, but for longevity purposes, should I be looking at cleaning internals?

I also forgot to switch off my Aircon for the first 20 min of dune bashing.. is that ok as I heard it takes a toll on the AC filters..

Cheers!

Lost1?

Not as sandy over here as your part of the world. Though our red dust does get in everywhere. When running in convoy through dust clouds you can clog filters pretty quickly. Nothing a quick blast with compressed air won't fix. Your sand is most likely coarser. So a quick tap on your sill will probably shake most of it out.

discomatt

You should never blow out a paper filter with compressed air, they are cheap have a new filter on hand for when required or just tap the dust out.
Using compressed air can damage the paper allowing dust particles to pass through, if you must blow them out blow from the clean side out and with very low pressure

SuperSafari

You should never blow out a paper filter with compressed air, they are cheap have a new filter on hand for when required or just tap the dust out.
Using compressed air can damage the paper allowing dust particles to pass through, if you must blow them out blow from the clean side out and with very low pressure
Noted mate, will take it to the shop this weekend and get it done