Dryandra woodlands

shanegtr

Just spent the recent school holidays out at Dryandra woodlands. I must say first up, I was really pleased that it was not all that busy for a holiday period - very little in the way of families and more so grey nomads made up the crowd there. Our main thought for the trip was to spot a Numbat in the wild - which Im happy to report we succeeded - took up several days of looking however. Both myself and my wife where stoked to find such a rare animal in the wild. So much variety of flora and fauna there and no shortage of walk trails I think it has become my new favourite camping location. Seen a couple of echidnas which the kids where able to get up close to and feel the spines, lots of bobtail lizards, kangaroos everywhere and during the night around the camp I spotted a couple of possums and a Woylie(the crappy night time pic below). I was intrigued to know a little about the woylie and was surprised to find that its conservation status it critically endangered - so even more under threat than the Numbat (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woylie), so the sighting of that little fella was just as special, and we seen him 3 or 4 nights hopping around. If you havent been out to Dryandra, I'd highly recommend it and its generally under 2hrs from Perth

Attachments

dusta77

which campsite did you stay at ? Dyrandra woodlands is a hidden little gem . i've done the nocturnal tour in the middle of winter -1 for a few hours wasn't the best fun .

shanegtr

which campsite did you stay at ? Dyrandra woodlands is a hidden little gem . i've done the nocturnal tour in the middle of winter -1 for a few hours wasn't the best fun .
Congelin. Our two youngest kids are a little young for the late night of the nocturnal tour so we decided to skip that this time. Will revisit it in a few more year I think