• New Server!

Update: 9:50AM Thursday - the server move has been completed and we're up and running on our new faster infrastructure. Have a look around and let us know if you encounter any issues.

The 4x4 Earth Team

Dream 200

discomatt

This truck might suit someone to a tee, pretty cheap given the cost to buy a new one and do all the mods.
I would consider it if in the market for a new touring rig and if the bloody corona virus hadn't killed work

discomatt

Jase's one would be better value for money but it is second hand so you would expect that.
I would have thought with all those mods they would have changed the air box to get rid of the dusting problem.
With a GVM upgrade does that come out of the GCM or does that go up as well?

Spooner

Nice LC,
It is good value , but not in these times.
At nearly 150k , a bargain will be had by someone really cashed up .

Colly18

Nice x 2. But for me the love of and fun of vehicles is the DIY - building up your own vehicle. 'Horses for courses!'

Spooner

I bet he didn't pay Full noise for any of the mods , so a good buy to be had by someone with some negotiation .

Upthetroopy

The cruiser in the video is my old mans. Can confirm it wasn't cheap, but deffinently not a bad way to spend the money. He ended up with a very unique and capable vehicle, exactly like he wanted.

Most couldnt justify it. But hey... better than a aston martin I reckon

Attachments

boobook

This truck might suit someone to a tee, pretty cheap given the cost to buy a new one and do all the mods.
I would consider it if in the market for a new touring rig and if the bloody corona virus hadn't killed work
After watching a few episodes of their show, I'd say however much it was, the new buyer would need to add $60K for removing the rust from when it has been swimming in the ocean on multiple ocassions, chassis straightening from the rally-style driving, a new suspension set up and an engine and transmission rebuild from being overdriven with some sponsors chip.

I'd say it's worth around $50K. Above that, no thanks. Some guy who bought it will get his 5 mins of fame at the body shop when he sees the repair bills.

discomatt

After watching a few episodes of their show, I'd say however much it was, the new buyer would need to add $60K for removing the rust from when it has been swimming in the ocean on multiple ocassions, chassis straightening from the rally-style driving, a new suspension set up and an engine rebuild from being overdriven with some sponsors chip.

No thank you.
Wow not much faith in the Toyota product, my old Disco 1 has had more punishment than that thing over 7 years and 240,000km and is still reliable with no chassis or engine damage, maybe a few battle scares on the body but thats it

boobook

Wow not much faith in the Toyota product, my old Disco 1 has had more punishment than that thing over 7 years and 240,000km and is still reliable with no chassis or engine damage, maybe a few battle scares on the body but thats it

But the difference is the Toyota wouldn't have had those issues before being treated that way. The disco already starts life as unreliable so no change Matt.. :)

Personally I wouldn't buy the ex-All 4 adventure 200 OR a disco. :rolleyes:

cam04

D1 would not develop enough power to harm itself in the same way. That 200, towing what it did and where it did, spitting driveshafts along the way - no thanks.

Stivered

my brother purchased a vehicle with mods
it gave him more stuff to do
so I would never buy with mods
here 's sale for useful gadgets for vehicles

Last edited:

Chatty

At $150k, why the hell wouldn't you buy a GMC Sierra or Chevy Silverado? Much more comfortable vehicles, much better engine and drivetrain, better finished. And about the same sort of money.
The only advantage might be on some of the tighter tracks, but if you want it for towing then there is no comparison.

Warby

At $150k, why the hell wouldn't you buy a GMC Sierra or Chevy Silverado? Much more comfortable vehicles, much better engine and drivetrain, better finished. And about the same sort of money.
The only advantage might be on some of the tighter tracks, but if you want it for towing then there is no comparison.
Are those big trucks any good offroad? I'd be seriously tempted to upgrade to one of those over a cruiser if they have the bench seats up front (ie 6 seats, so I can take the whole family and still have the convenience of a ute)

Chatty

Are those big trucks any good offroad? I'd be seriously tempted to upgrade to one of those over a cruiser if they have the bench seats up front (ie 6 seats, so I can take the whole family and still have the convenience of a ute)
Great on sand. Off road is limited by the width (not a problem if you don't mind some scratches) and ramp-over (which is still better than a lot of the other 4WDs out there).
Put it this way - in the Vic High Country, anywhere that they take their fire trucks, an American ute would cruise through. Places like jump-ups and steps, it would need some mods (but so would most vehicles).

Front bench seat - that's a problem area, most brought in for conversion are set up to put a smallish bucket seat in between the two front buckets, although you could order one with a bench seat in specially for conversion (won't change the cost, but will take extra time).

I've got a mate who bought an LC200 at the same time I ordered our Sierra. Naturally he got his LC about 4 months earlier than we got the Sierra - and for 4 months I couldn't shut him up about what an awesome vehicle the LC was.
And then we got the Sierra - I tossed him the keys one day and told him to take us all for a drive. He hasn't said a word since about the LC200. Not. One. Single. Word.

phs

^ the size is enough to put it out of consideration in my opinion, well out of the realm of practical, and you know what they say about blokes that drive huge trucks...........