DPF fine threats from EPA

Batts88

Does anyone know if there have been proper tests carried out after the mod has been done properly to the DPF and a catch can fitted and whatever else gets done to check if the vehicle is actually putting any more pollution out compared to what it was putting out that would include while it is burning off. I just thought if an improvement on paper could be shown after the mods were done that would make them look into it.

On another note surely a 26yr old patrol like mine would have to benefit from slightly reducing pollution just from a catch can that traps oil mist so it doesn't get burned off adding to what it already puts out.

Cokedaddy216

If the DPF is working proper ;) the exhaust pipe should have NO :cool: soot .
We know this cause we have two DPF Hilux 1GD-FTV & 2GD-FTV , one model before Hilux KUN26R , it has a sooty exhaust :oops: & smokes a little under hard acceleration :confused:

typhoeus

. . . .On another note surely a 26yr old patrol like mine would have to benefit from slightly reducing pollution just from a catch can that traps oil mist so it doesn't get burned off adding to what it already puts out.
It would only have to comply with law at the time of manufacture. . . Plus allowance for reasonable wear. The catch can would reduce oil in the exhaust so . . . A good reason to keep the old ones going gather than buy new. Govco would rather ban diesel and have us running around in electric if they could push it thru without losing an election.

Cokedaddy216

Would need to be a Fast charger :D:D wind stops blowing or the sun covered by cloud :oops: the piece of shit won't get a full charge :D:D:D
Pull into the servo , fill er up , all good :p

itlldoo

so the cost of the generator, diesel, electric thingo and servicing = how much each charge ? how long would it take to recover the initial out lay ?

Triton14

DPF Delete, or EGR block, Chipping, ECU flash or even exhaust, they are all as illegal as each other.

ANY engine modification is the same same law.
Does anyone know if there have been proper tests carried out after the mod has been done properly to the DPF and a catch can fitted and whatever else gets done to check if the vehicle is actually putting any more pollution out compared to what it was putting out that would include while it is burning off. I just thought if an improvement on paper could be shown after the mods were done that would make them look into it.

On another note surely a 26yr old patrol like mine would have to benefit from slightly reducing pollution just from a catch can that traps oil mist so it doesn't get burned off adding to what it already puts out.
Imo, when vehicle started to be produced with EGR systems the onus should have been on manufacturers to install a catch can so people wouldn't do things like put in deletes or blanking plates!

Not having it factory installed shows a total disregard for the end consumer, again my opinion.

discomatt

so the cost of the generator, diesel, electric thingo and servicing = how much each charge ? how long would it take to recover the initial out lay ?
So maybe it shouldn't be about the $$$, who gives a crap about $$$ in the scheme of life it is/should be way down the list of considerations, carcinogens, cancer, air and the planet could possibly be higher on the importance list

Albynsw

So maybe it shouldn't be about the $$$, who gives a crap about $$$ in the scheme of life it is/should be way down the list of considerations, carcinogens, cancer, air and the planet could possibly be higher on the importance list
In the ideal world that would be fantastic but it is a fantasy
Imagine if the cost of transport doubled overnight be that vehicle ownership or use of a vehicle. Transport would be limited to the wealthy......you could not even afford to go to work. Imagine the mess we would be in.

Just like when the wealthy few could afford a car and the rest walked or rode a horse we need to transition into new technology slowly and sensibly and let the economy mould with the transition