Down and Out

surfer

To all who attended the trip on the 10th of Jan to Walhalla
Thanks for the advice on the smoke I was blowing....

Reason has been found:
TurboEngineering.png

The service I was given by these people was excellant. I would highly reconmend them to anyone in need of anything mechanical on any 4x4 turbo or not.....

Trip Report:
http://www.4x4earth.com.au/forum/trips-gatherings/5602-vic-walhalla-trip-report-jan-10-a.html

Last edited:

Pure Yobbo

To all who attended the trip on the 10th of Jan to Walhalla
Thanks for the advice on the smoke I was blowing....

Reason has been found:
View attachment 4807

The service I was given by these people was excellant. I would highly reconmend them to anyone in need of anything mechanical on any 4x4 turbo or not.....

Trip Report:
http://www.4x4earth.com.au/forum/trips-gatherings/5602-vic-walhalla-trip-report-jan-10-a.html

Hey mate can't really see the attachment too well. What was the problem?

Cheers

93runnerdave

Time for another V8 Surf to be born :D

If they want $2800 to fix the diesel, then you already have a fair chunk of the money that you need for the swap.

Suss out the Surf forum Engine Build threads for an idea of what's involved.

Good Luck with whatever you decide to do.

GippsSurfer

BEFORE you do anything, do some research on the surf forum...ToyotaSurf Australia Site

Leaky injector pumps are not uncommon and dont have to be rebuilt (assuming you have the right pump..) they can be had for as little as $400 ive seen on the forum.....

surfer

Not Fixed

Hey Surfer, it's been a couple of months- hows it going? All fixed yet?

BEFORE you do anything, do some research on the surf forum...ToyotaSurf Australia Site

Hello All,

First things first, Gippsurfer Thanks for the toyota surf site, I did do the replacement myself and now its working great! Saved just under $3000 (Thanks Rob)
Just last thursday the surf was back on a tow truck with an electrical problem.....
Dash light's kept coming on and staying on and then well i thought it fixed it self but "NO" the aultinator decided to die.
So off to the toyota surf site and a replacement aultinator was found and replaced.
MY GOD - What a job (Hey i am not a Mechanic but i love touching my surf with a spanner)
I have a few other things to fix but minor tinkerings.
I will be looking for another day trip very soon.........

Regards
Scott - I Love my surf!