Don't go to Donnybrook

schilling3190

I found this track at Donnybrook QLD. What a nightmare. The track was solid looking as the rise in the middle of the track is. But the tyre tracks weren't. As soon as I hit it the car sank up to its underbelly. Black sludge, thick sticky and stank like s**t, not to mention the mosquitoes. I couldn't go forwards or backwards. I went for a walk to try to find space to turn vehicle just to find about 1km up the track it was a dead end. Had to go back as there was no way out ahead. 4hrs later we were on our way home. The sludge and pine needles were a nightmare to clean out. Don't go to Donnybrook Qld:mad:

Attachments

• Copy of P4190001.JPG
    Copy of P4190001.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 159
  • Copy of P4190002.JPG
    Copy of P4190002.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 151

Pure Yobbo

Hey mate,

We have had about 250mm rain maybe even more up at Donnybrook. I would be tempted not to go on any tracks this weekend.

We have actually cancelled a day trip for Sunday cause of how wet it is. I almost had to get the Patrol out to recover my left thong this morning - got stuck in the back yard.

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hey mate,

We have had about 250mm rain maybe even more up at Donnybrook. I would be tempted not to go on any tracks this weekend.

We have actually cancelled a day trip for Sunday cause of how wet it is. I almost had to get the Patrol out to recover my left thong this morning - got stuck in the back yard.

Your an idiot!!

raoflmao.
and corona out my nose!:rolleyes:

knot_gillty

Hey mate,

Then you would of had to call cruiserlad to recover the pootrol!!! I don't think the niss would pull a thong out, would it??:D:D:rolleyes:

havok011101

ROFL @ plugger recovery, nice call.

We've had a bit of rain up north that may result in similar problems, see what happens when I get back into town!!

cruiserlad

4x4 Earth Contributer
Then you would of had to call cruiserlad to recover the pootrol!!! I don't think the niss would pull a thong out, would it??:D:D:rolleyes:

hey gilly we have had that much rain we then would have had to get uncle adzy out with his tilt tray on the bitumin and use his winch to recover the lot of us and thats just to recover one bogged plugger :eek::eek::eek::eek::D:D

Pure Yobbo

Need to purchase yourself a winch block that way you can pull from a few directions.

I think they even sell winch packs that include a snatch block, dampener, and gloves.

Cheers

schilling3190

I'll look into prices as I don't do alot of offroad, but when I do i'm not scared to get stuck. If they aren't too expensive it probably would be a good investment or piece of mind.

Offrdn60

I found this track at Donnybrook QLD. What a nightmare. The track was solid looking as the rise in the middle of the track is. But the tyre tracks weren't. As soon as I hit it the car sank up to its underbelly. Black sludge, thick sticky and stank like s**t, not to mention the mosquitoes. I couldn't go forwards or backwards. I went for a walk to try to find space to turn vehicle just to find about 1km up the track it was a dead end. Had to go back as there was no way out ahead. 4hrs later we were on our way home. The sludge and pine needles were a nightmare to clean out. Don't go to Donnybrook Qld:mad:

Thats why you should walk the track first