Change background image

Donations..

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Feedback & Help' started by Mr Rum, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Mr Rum

Mr Rum Well-Known Member

I'll be honest and admit that I don't read every email I get from 4x4 Earth, but I do visit the forum most days.
    I did just open an email though, and I don't know how long it's been around, but I only just found out about the donations page.
    I wouldn't be surprised if there are be others willing to chip in that don't know how, and was wondering if there are plans to add a link to the forum home page?
    (If there is already, I can't find one anywhere on the mobile version).

Anyway, I hope my dollars help get the tracks database a bit closer to being back up and running.

Cheers.

2. MyCrazy80

MyCrazy80 Well-Known Member

Same for me @Mr Rum I don't read them all either and like yourself I had absolutely no idea that donations can be made! Your post is the only time I've heard of this!!

Mr Rum likes this.
  3. 80lover96gxl

80lover96gxl Moderator

@Patriot , can you shed any light on this as im sure like myself and the boys above, there would be many members keen to donate to the site mate.

Bomber2012, MyCrazy80 and Mr Rum like this.
  4. Tink

Tink Well-Known Member

I've never received an email from 4x4 Earth. Sure it isn't a scam?
    Tink

5. Mr Rum

Mr Rum Well-Known Member

Nope, but here's the URL of you'd like to check it out...

http://donations.4x4earth.com

The email was an ad for the latest podcast, titled "Is Diesel Dead?" From info@4x4earth.com and had this within it..
    image.png

6. Gavo

Gavo 4x4 Earth Contributer

Yeah I don't care emails from site short of the occasional old thread update.

7. Tink

Tink Well-Known Member

Hmm, there you go. Maybe I have a different setting in my account and that's why I don't get emails
    Tink

8. MyCrazy80

Hey Mr Rum can the donation be paid by PayPal?? Hopefully!! As I don't have debit or credit cards I've still got the old school key card! (No tap and go) *** edit**** I do have a debit card that I used for eBay somewhere but haven't used it for along time, so just realized all should be good!

Mr Rum likes this.
  9. Mr Rum

Mr Rum Well-Known Member

No idea. I've basically shared everything I "know" about it.

MyCrazy80 likes this.
  10. MyCrazy80

Too easy mate!

11. Mr Rum

Mr Rum Well-Known Member

Funny you should say that.
    The real reason I was looking at the email was to unsubscribe from them. I was going through my junk folder and removing myself from all the mailing lists that I don't read the emails from.

12. 80lover96gxl

80lover96gxl Moderator

Never received an email from the site either, to be honest tho i rarely check emails anyway. Hopefully James will reply soon and update everyone on this donations bizo.

13. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

Emails from 4x4earth could possibly go into your spam..

The Donations link on the homepage has been mentioned in the past but not sure why it's never been implemented..I think using the PayPal option is the only way to go..

14. Mr Rum

Mr Rum Well-Known Member

Personally I think a link would be more useful on the forum index page. I know I for one never visit the home page.

Bomber2012, Albynsw and Gavo like this.
  15. Albynsw

Albynsw Well-Known Member

Same, there is no reason to go to the home page

Mr Rum and billolga like this.
  16. Aaron Schubert

Aaron Schubert Moderator

I have to admit, I've only seen the 4x4 Earth needs petrol ad once; when I logged in from a different PC. If you use the same device and stay logged in, you won't see it. I reckon a lot of people wouldn't have seen this

Aaron

Mr Rum, Bomber2012 and Albynsw like this.