Domin8r winch?!

fazz

hey lads,

Thinking its time to update the old vrs 9000lb for the big 79…

I searched and couldn't find what I was looking for… $395 for a 12,000lb winch 5 year warrenty

Does anyone have one? Any user reviews?

If has been posted previously can the admin please move the post

Cheers fellas!

fazz

Most reviews 'Negstive' are all water ingress but that's also the case for all the winches

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Anyone got one of these http://www.carbonwinches.com.au
Thoughts?

They look reasonable, Aussie company but Aussie made ? No mention of that.
Prices not too bad.

Name a bit deceptive ?
Thought they might be carbon fibre in some form in the manufacture, but no.
Light-ish for a 12000lb winch, under 20kg for the winch alone.

Seems some of the blurb is not positive to water ingress ??
"Fully sealed to resist water, dirt and dust ingress into motor, drum and gearbox mechanisms."

@Swaggie might be keen to let them know about this thread and make their stance clearer on warranty, maybe an addition for the list here.

jontyjackbruce

I have a dominator, put it to the test a few times. Driven through deep water with it but never used it whilst in water. For $400 i can not fault it!

Twinklz

I have a 1200lb domin8r with dyneema rope. It's great. Bit noisy under load but I can't fault it. Used it maybe 20 times and it's never let me down!

Twinklz

Yeah mate. Torrential rain, water crossings gone wrong and muddy bog holes that suck you in. Control box needs siliconing up. But the actual winch handles submersion fine. Didn't bother it.

FAT005

Have one that I didn't pay for & shat a solenoid within 8months. Winch is ok but a little slow. For price if your desperate it's ok but honestly I'd go the Carbon or Runva if I was buying one. Have twin pulled next to a Runva before in a serious situation & the Runva was heaps faster & had to stop for me to pull in more before he could keep going. Just an opinion tho. In a 79 I'd spend that little more to know your getting better quality for such a big rig.

fazz

Have one that I didn't pay for & shat a solenoid within 8months. Winch is ok but a little slow. For price if your desperate it's ok but honestly I'd go the Carbon or Runva if I was buying one. Have twin pulled next to a Runva before in a serious situation & the Runva was heaps faster & had to stop for me to pull in more before he could keep going. Just an opinion tho. In a 79 I'd spend that little more to know your getting better quality for such a big rig.

Cant really find any info on the carbons though mate... atleast there are a lot of opinions regarding the runva!

this version 3 is the only one that's advertised ip67 the 2 models before it are splash proof

Not sure what you mean champion?

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Not sure what you mean champion?

it is ip67 rated so good for 1mtr under water . scroll down and look at images >> https://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/products/winches/domin8r-winches/domin8r-winch-ip67-rope.html

Says NOW IP67 rated, totally dust / water proof.

That said, 4WDSC doesn't inspire any reason for me to ever trust them again, don't care what price their stuff is advertised for.
They are a sh!t company to deal with IMO, form my one (and only ever) experience of them.