Do Your Partners Drive Offroad

redback

Mine does, so I thought I'd put a little compilation of her day at Appin a couple of years ago.

The Disco at the time needed shocks badly:eek:

So if you have anything of your better half driving, post it up:D

Baz.

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
My wife like to drive but is very selective where she will do it, normally on the beach. She is getting more daring each time and she has now done Indian Head track.

Davidman

4x4 Earth Contributer
Mine is also very selective about where she drives, and it doesn't usually include anything that looks even a little bit off road.

LowLux

Trish drives almost as much as I do and she is doing all the driver training courses I'm doing through the club which is all accredited and certified.

DazzGUIV

My Mrs doesnt like driving full stop. she is much happier in the passenger seat, though i suspect she secretly likes the 4x4 driving on the odd occasion i convince her to get behind the wheel off road...

centaur

I am doing up a jackaroo for mine to start driving in the bush. :eek::eek::rolleyes::D

First will be easy tracks to get her used to it, and so she can learn what her new 4by can or cant do. Then she can take it from there. Sam can already drive a manual, so thats no task.;):D

Sam will find it easier knowing that my cruiser will be on hand to help out if needed, cant wait for Sam to try some wheelin.....:D:D:D:D

Grumpy

My wife isn't into 4x4ing much at all but has had a go at driving, did a river crossing and some up hill driving but nothing too serious, I strongly believe they should learn and do some in case something were to happen to you, snakebite, heart attack, or just plain out of it and you required a Doctor, how else are you gunna get there.

teza h

Totaly agree with Grumpy, BUT my Mrs dos'nt see the point of doin something if I can do it, cos I dont do much she recons ha! Any way I would have much stress handin over the weel of the 4by off road,she would have to drive some one elses, any one up for it ??????

Ekki Adventurers

4x4 Earth Contributer
I'm happy to and have done however Wooky is the worlds worst navigator so I tend to let him drive and keep him away from the maps.

kiwijaz

Mel enjoys having a go her confidance is getting better and better each time we go out, we are usually out with Sandy, Lee and Nat so gives her more encoragement having other females too.

frosty

The joys of single life!!!! No one to keep moving the seat forward or give me directions when I BLOODY WELL KNOW WHERE I'M GOIN!!

kiwijaz

The joys of single life!!!! No one to keep moving the seat forward or give me directions when I BLOODY WELL KNOW WHERE I'M GOIN!!

Except when you have Mel in the passenger seat hehe!!!! She didnt last long when u gave her a drive of ur Patrol at Landcruiser

redback

Well Kerry is quite a good driver (Our Disco is manual) and has done an accredited 4WD Coarse through NPWS:eek:

Baz.

billolga

My wife did SOME off road driving in the Simpson & Kimberlys until 2003 when we were heading accross the Plenty / Donahue. I had a very bad case of Hayfever & asked her to drive.

Despite pleading she drove TOO FAST INTO BULL DUST & LOST IT! (I was looking down the road OUT OF THE SIDE WINDOW!) - SHE DID NOTHING!!!! - I grabbed the wheel & turned it into the skid, but she managed to pull the wheel BACK to centre (Fortunately slowing all the time) - We SHOT OFF THE SIDE into small scrub & came to a halt, AND SHE SAID "THAT WOULD HAVE FIXED YOUR HAYFEVER!!!!"

She has not driven ANY VEHICLE SINCE!!!! (Thank goodness!)

WILDTI

4x4 Earth Contributer
I believe that more females should give it a go out on the tracks, I love it & the looks I get is priceless!! I DON'T like Croozer's driving plus I'm a bad passenger. My boys love it when mum goes 4wd'in.

monk2

the ball and chain don't at all if it an't on the black stuff then she not coming let alone drive down some track in low 4x4 with mud upto the doors :eek:, she drives her kerando any where solong as it's on the black stuff :( and camping is done at a park with hot and cold showers and flushing toilet :eek:

Last edited: