DJI Mavic Air

red hilux

ive just bought myself my first real drone. I bought a Mavic Air. What a machine. Top speed is 68.8kph..it’s really hard to crash, super easy to fly.

Couple teething problems but it’s improving.. it’s taking some awesome shots.

I’m planning on buying some polarised filters soon.

Testing it out in NZ as we speak

Attachments

red hilux

North island mate

I’m visiting the in laws. Few of those pics were taken while on the way to the mountains. The sunset and the yellow roof building is the hotel we were staying at

red hilux

Myself and my wife’s brother made this YouTube vid. In high winds, the picture is so stable yet the drone was being hammered.

While on a different subject. I tried to get a new speed record. So far my top speed is 68.8kph. I tried to go for a record. Using the strong tail winds, set to sports. I don’t know how fast I got, but I did get a motor over speed warning.

red hilux

Look for an app called “ can I fly there “

Tells you if your in controlled air space or not.

My house is 4 houses inside the do not fly zone. Right on the very edge. How frustrating

mac_man_luke

Look for an app called “ can I fly there “
Tells you if your in controlled air space or not.
My house is 4 houses inside the do not fly zone. Right on the very edge. How frustrating
Yea mine is close to the edge too, so frustrating there is no allowance for common sense eg if your flying lower than the surrounding buildings it should be allowed!

Few other nice apps: Airmap, UAV Forecast, Polar Pro (for help selecting ND filters)

red hilux

the polar pro is my next investment

if you look on ebay, PGYtech has some nice geat. Ive bought the extended legs and the ipad mount, and one other thing from them

red hilux

I just bought a wrap for my drone. I bought the "unit B" and 3 battery covers.
My colours Ive chosen for the drone is caribbean blue and the batteries is airforce silver

www.wrapgrade.jp.

"buy" the free colour chart first. you can see the colour chart for real, plus you get a discount coupon. Saving $5 USD

Ive also bought the genuine polar pro filters of ebay, save 5 bucks using discount code "penny5"

red hilux

forgot to mention.

Ive bought a "remove before flight" tag. i plan of fixing this to the gimbal cover. As a reminder, to avoid burning out the gimbal motors because I forgot to take off the cover