DJI Mavic Air 2

MrPoopypants

I’ve bought me new drone about 3 weeks ago. Only really flown it once for a test flight ( bad weather or busy after work)
Really happy with it.
Best thing, the latest update now incorporates zoom feature

Great. I love good drone footage, can watch hours of it. Look forward to seeing some of your stuff. All this new digital film stuff is just fantastic.
Cheers PP

red hilux

Well. Here is my YouTube channel.
I basically make these vids for my 4wd club and family and friends that live over seas

I’m yet to make a vid with the new drone. ( this weekend hopefully)

The new drone has a lot better active tracking capabilities and easier /quicker to get to

sharkcaver

Well I'll be stuffed @red hilux ...I never knew you were BM till now....haha, small world. Hope you enjoy the MA2 it is awesome - I'm still working out all its features and need to look into this zoom function now.

red hilux

Well I'll be stuffed @red hilux ...I never knew you were BM till now....haha, small world. Hope you enjoy the MA2 it is awesome - I'm still working out all its features and need to look into this zoom function now.
lol

all good

i think you need to be on video mode
I did the update this morning

sharkcaver

Yes. I just used the screen recording as I never knew my phone had it and I included it in the vid, pity its such low res.

The actual hyperlapse footage it took after the waypoints were set is the small piece starting here:

As I have it set, the drone takes 150 pictures at 2 seconds duration. When complete, it stitches them together into a hyperlapse video of 5 seconds duration. That takes 4 minutes of fly time to complete.

sharkcaver

i think you need to be on video mode

Yes, the vid you linked explains it pretty well. Cheers.
Once I sort my next SSTT vid, and write 2 articles for some magazines, I might just do the update too. I can see zoom coming in handy at times.

Skurfer

I bought one as well. Love it. I have flown remote helicopters and stuff for a while so pretty happy with the flying part of it. Not real creative so struggle with the editing video and making it look good side of things. Bought the DJI insurance which is real good piece of mind when flying it that I won't be out of pocket too much if I manage to crash it or put it into the water or something like that.

Just gotta try and get it out a bit more but it's a little hard due to ISO. Stage 3 here so might be able to sneak away somewhere close.

sharkcaver

I saw a vid where it lost target on a quick shot and reverted to an aprox gps location, so I would think unless pretty slow moving, it would lose it??

Give it a burl, see what happens.....

Skurfer

You can but I can't remember if specifically you can use the quick shot.
In active track, you can push the stick the the left or right while moving and it will fly that direction keeping as best it can the same distance to the object it is tracking. I need to play around a bit more with it to get it perfect or see if you can use the quick shot settings with a moving object.

I did it in this shot here. All it was doing was active track with my pressing right on the stick. We were going about 20 - 30kmh

I did the same in this shot. Set the distance and height I wanted, selected active track trace and once moving held the stick right

Last edited:

red hilux

and even new stuff Ive just learnt about the drone

you can swivel the camera sideways,

you can zoom in and out using the camera scroll dial

and the zoom can be incremental